Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

7 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

We said the same about the £15m Vardy links last year.....

Well, if McCormack is about to get drugged up and become a significantly better goalscorer all of a sudden (he's already handy!) at the age of 29, then...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'd be fine with McCormack for £15m, even at 29. If he gets us promoted, then he'd be worth far more to us than the £15m paid. Even if he can't cut it in the Premier League, he'd be worth it for that one season. He's proven at that level, even playing in a couple of clubs who's team was a bit all over the place.

Yup. Where I am with this too. I'd be happy with McCormack at that fee. Proven goalscorer at that level is what we desperately need, I'm all for it I think it would be a good signing. 

For the money Fulham want for 29 year old McCormack we may as well ask Wigan for Grigg who would cost around the same as McCormack is lot younger and better value for money!

A few years back Fulham bought McCormack and Bournemouth took a chance on Coventry goalscorer Callum Wilson and Wilson ended up banging them in to take them to Premiership and worked a lot harder than McCormack.

Rather take a punt on a hungrier player such as Grigg, Sam Winnall, Matty Taylor or Tom Bradshaw who could all easily score the goals we need and have potential to be a much better striker than McCormack.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

That money is rediculous for Cormack

29 years old one good season out of him probably will be in decline past that unproven in the premier league even if we do get promoted meh

No sell on value either

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

We should just sign any Icelandic international we can. We lack professionalism and attitude. Three or four of them would sort that instantly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, supermon said:

Wouldn't mind that Aron Gunnarson of Iceland, looks he has pure brute force!! Perfect for our powder puff midfield 

Used to play for Coventry and now for Cardiff.
Could be worth going for as knows the division.

Last Icelandic player we had was Joey Guðjónsson.

Was cracking player on loan for us (I remember he had same free kick technique as Craig Gardner)

but never seem to do well after he left us.

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

We should just sign any Icelandic international we can. We lack professionalism and attitude. Three or four of them would sort that instantly. 

Would love Bjarnsson but he's got better prospects at even Basle and will get a better club soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

For the money Fulham want for 29 year old McCormack we may as well ask Wigan for Grigg who would cost around the same as McCormack is lot younger and better value for money!

A few years back Fulham bought McCormack and Bournemouth took a chance on Coventry goalscorer Callum Wilson and Wilson ended up banging them in to take them to Premiership and worked a lot harder than McCormack.

Rather take a punt on a hungrier player such as Grigg, Sam Winnall, Matty Taylor or Tom Bradshaw who could all easily score the goals we need and have potential to be a much better striker than McCormack.

Ah the 'young and hungry over experienced and proven' approach. That sounds promising...

;)

26 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Ah the 'young and hungry over experienced and proven' approach. That sounds promising...

;)

Like the experienced and proven has worked well for us with the likes of Richards and Lescott ;) 

Hardly call McCormack proven. Other mediocre strikers like Lewis Grabban and Cameron Jerome score for fun in Championship as well.

Edited by Villan4Life