Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

On 6/27/2016 at 12:39, BOF said:

It doesn't matter how much a player costs.  It only matters if he's right for Villa.  A £10m or a £15m McCormack.  Who gives a f**k?  If McCormack is what we need in order to go up then PUT HIM ON THE PITCH.  It shouldn't matter a damn to the fans.  If RDM & Dr.X are happy to pay it then that's all that matters.  "Oh but it might take away from another player".  No.  It won't.  You really think they're that short-sighted that they haven't drawn up a list and a budget and are working within that?  If you do think that then you've already no confidence in the management team and you'll see no good in anything they do regardless.  Stop looking at transfer fee and start looking at who we're trying to buy.  Because on matchday that's what ends up on the pitch.  Not the bloody receipt they got from Fulham or whoever else we end up buying from.

By the way, that's a general rant aimed at no-one in particular.  It's just my usual utter bewilderment at the utterly redundant and endless discussions about how much someone costs.

Why is it controversial or surprising for fans to consider the allocation of resources when resources aren't infinite?

Don't know how reliable they are but according to HITC on twitter, Dwight Gale has agreed personal terms with Newcastle United. I mention it in this thread because, I know he's been talked about as a possible Villa target.

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Oh my, things just worsen. 

The Berson person and Merson will only bring the curse on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Would anyone take Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan from Chelsea? I know it's a long shot but I think he would be great for us

I don't think he will ever get into Chelsea's midfield so I would love to at least try to get him on loan then consider buying especially if we lose Gana, Westwood, and/or Veretout.

If it was a choice between Bamford or Mcormack I'd personally go for Mcormack.  Obviously knows where the net is and has done it time and time again.  Whilst he's 29... Who cares?  If his goals get us out of that league then it's money well spent.  If we can get a decent keeper and an experienced leader in the middle Park,  add a winger or two,  add them to Elphick and Mcormack and we've got a solid spine for the Championship imo.