Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Burnley said to be interested in buying Ashley Westwood and Rudy Gestede.

I'd sell them both and replace them with Jeff Hendrick of Derby County and either Ross McCormack of Fulham or, Scott Hogan of Brentford or, Lee Gregory of Millwall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

Bacuna is gash. A nice free kick and an occasional great pass but that's about it. Someone with more consistency if a little less flair is needed. This is all ignoring the fact that his attitude is abysmal.

Get rid. I suspect he's one of the bad influences in the squad. Needs to go with Gabby, Rchards and Lescott in tow.

Not sure it is possible to have less flair, unless you are purely referring to his piece of shit hair.

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Would love a striker who chases after everything and puts the defence under constant pressure (ala Long and Vardy). What about pushing the boat out for Jay Rodriguez, barely played for Southampton last year (yes I know he'd been injured). But a year back down the championship could resurrect his career.

Jordan Ayew ?

• Like 2

The Sun are saying that Ross McCormack is at the top of RDM's wishlist, and that he'd cost around £11m.

I know he's been mentioned on here before, and a number of people said he's not worth the money he'd cost, especially at 29. However, putting his age aside, he is a proven goalscorer at this level, which is exactly what we need.

Having not watched him much (or, at all, from what I can remember), I can't comment on how much he contributes to the team etc, but I'm past the point of wanting us to just sign players under 25 for the sake of 'potential' and 'sell on value'. If a 29 year old is seen as part of our ticket back to the Premier League, then I'd be all for it. 30-32 year old strikers can still be an asset in the Premier League once promotion is achieved too.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2016 at 11:26, nnock1984 said:

I remember when none of us wanted Wes Hoolahan for 2million 2 years ago - it would be interesting to see how what would have panned out! 

Not me.

Said at the time he'd have been a good signing.

In fact, he'd still be a good signing this summer!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not me.

Said at the time he'd have been a good signing.

In fact, he'd still be a good signing this summer!

Agreed, he's a good footballer, experienced head, he'd be an asset to us in The Championship no doubt 

• Like 1