Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

27 minutes ago, Jareth said:

- but he needs to give the likes of Gabby and Lescott that last chance to show him they care (although really he has decided their fate already).

If he's decided their fate already, why does he need to give them a chance? 

No. I'm sure he's made his mind up a long time ago. I'm questioning why YOU think he needs to give them a last chance to show they care?!?

What difference does it make if he wants rid anyway?

Just now, PieFacE said:

No. I'm sure he's made his mind up a long time ago. I'm questioning why YOU think he needs to give them a last chance to show they care?!?

What difference does it make if he wants rid anyway?

Well like you I believe he has made his mind up, but RDM has said he will look at everyone in training before making his final decision. Why? Seems like the fair thing to do from a brand new boss.

• Like 3

I'd like to know of the following players ,how long they each have left on there contracts ?

Gabby -

Bacuna -

Guzan-

Lesscott-

Richards -

These are the the most important outgoings for me. 

If you were to add up, roughly speaking,how much it would cost to release them ?

Maybe Dr Tone has enough spare change to do so.

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If he's decided their fate already, why does he need to give them a chance? 

Diplomacy, morale etc

we want the likes of ayew and amavi to stay, he needs to grasp where the squad is mentally, he needs to treat it like a fresh start for everyone, got to have faith that he'll eventually pull out the weeds but at the same time he needs to give the impression that it's him that came to that conclusion,mines not flogging gabby before pre season begins because of something he read in a paper 3 months a go, it's his team, his decisions 

he basically just needs a chance to manage and do his job 

• Like 1

Well let's hope no one has come in for these players and RDM has said "Sorry, I can't sell him at the minute, need to see him in training first for diplomacy"....

Though, someone coming in for Gabby is unlikely. 

31 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I'd like to know of the following players ,how long they each have left on there contracts ?

Gabby -

Bacuna -

Guzan-

Lesscott-

Richards -

If you were to add up, roughly speaking,how much it would cost to release them ?

Gabby- 2 years.

Bacuna- 4! 

Guzan- 1 year I think.

Lescott- 1.

Richards- 3?

RDM has been here a few weeks now - and has signed 1 player. He has reportedly said that he wants to assess the players at the training camp before making any major additions. So some of 'lack of time constraints' appear to be self inflicted. He also said that he has got difficult dressing rooms to work together before. 

As manager, up to him of course. Quite what he will gain by 'assessing' a squad who won 3 games season, over a 4 -5 training camp is beyond me. Personally I don't think there will be more than 4 new players in the first 11 come Aug 7. 

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

Gabby -

Bacuna -

Guzan-

Lesscott-

Richards -

10+ years combined and about £15m-£20m

21 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Nice to see Bham Mail back in AVFC good books. They seem to be getting fed all of the information first this transfer window. Gregg Evans has just stated that we should be pretty excited by some of the signings we will be making in the coming weeks.

Yeah saw that on twitter - I wonder what he knows, must at least know our targets. He also says to someone that there will be no problems competing with other clubs financially.