Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not me.

Said at the time he'd have been a good signing.

In fact, he'd still be a good signing this summer!

I wanted Hoolahan as well.

I was ecstatic when we signed GIl though and I still think he hasn't touched the surface with his potential.

I'd like Mbokani and Klose from Norwich. Mbokani is exactly the kind of striker we need and Klose/Okore/Clark/Elphick would be a strong group of CB's to select from.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Never heard of him, but that's a quality name. 

We'd have to sign some other players to accommodate him though:

Khrushchev Dos Santos
Molotov Fernandez
and
Brezhnev Valderrama 

• Like 2

Think it will be a quiet week down B6 transfer wise....

What concerns me isn't so much the state of play getting players in but getting them out. 

There seems to be next to no interest in those you'd assume we want to shift, not a surprise really but you'd hope for something. But not even a Lescott to the U.S. or Richards to the glue factory.

Yeah, I always thought it would be a tough job getting rid of those clowns. The lack of character, fight and the way they capitulated in the second half of the season would ring alarm bells in any sane football managers head. If they are to move, then I think it will be very late in the window when some managers get desperate. What we need is a Harry Redknapp type manager to come along and take them off our hands in a "I can save them" type way. (I never thought I would say the words We/Need/harry/Redknapp in the same sentence ever!)

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah, I always thought it would be a tough job getting rid of those clowns. The lack of character, fight and the way they capitulated in the second half of the season would ring alarm bells in any sane football managers head. If they are to move, then I think it will be very late in the window when some managers get desperate. What we need is a Harry Redknapp type manager to come along and take them off our hands in a "I can save them" type way. (I never thought I would say the words We/Need/harry/Redknapp in the same sentence ever!)

And I never thought I'd read them and not want to ban the person responsible! :)

Sad thing is that stroker would probably get the best out of them.

Steve Bruce and Hull are our best hope.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

What concerns me isn't so much the state of play getting players in but getting them out. 

That was always going to be the problem. And then when someone does come in for one of our many turd players (sinclair) they want £6m for him???

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And I never thought I'd read them and not want to ban the person responsible! :)

I'd be surprised if Richards and Lescott end up leaving. I can definitely see Amavi, Ayew, Veretout, Gana and maybe Westwood leaving. Oh and of course Clark (yay).

52 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Think it will be a quiet week down B6 transfer wise....

There seems to be next to no interest in those you'd assume we want to shift, not a surprise really but you'd hope for something. But not even a Lescott to the U.S. or Richards to the glue factory.

It isnt a suprise. i am sure the french players the fans want to keep will be the ones the interest will be in and the ones we want to shift flabby, Richards etc will end up staying because no-one wants them

They have very little, if any value to the club now. Can't we just tell them not to bother coming back.

The possibility of retaining these poisonous has-beens on full pay is a bloody insult to every hard working person who puts his arse on a VP seat.

4 minutes ago, AValon said:

They have very little, if any value to the club now. Can't we just tell them not to bother coming back.

The possibility of retaining these poisonous has-beens on full pay is a bloody insult to every hard working person who puts his arse on a VP seat.

Wot?

Are you talking about the french players or the english ones?

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd like to know if we are getting any interest in the players from the French league, Amavi, Veretout, Ayew and Gana, and do we want to sell these players or not? 

I have a feeling we might be OK with keeping these players.

I'd imagine the only teams with any real insight into these players will be Ligue 1 clubs and the vast majority of them seem to be skint. I can't see any other clubs taking a punt on them.

49 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I'd be surprised if Richards and Lescott end up leaving. I can definitely see Amavi, Ayew, Veretout, Gana and maybe Westwood leaving. Oh and of course Clark (yay).

If we get rid of all the first 4 players you mentioned, we may as well concede defeat. It has been said Di Matteo has spoken t every player he wants to keep and they are happy to stay (Not saying he wants all of them), plus I doubt Tony is looking to cash in. The aim is instant promotion, not wheeling and dealing to please the odd tosser who has thrown his toys out the pram. 

I've said since last season probably the most important summer "wins" will be keeping our best players! Ayew for one, should be kept at all costs.

STOP SELLING OUR PLAYERS!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Ah yes, I forgot about Steve Bruce. I have a little bit of hope again.

13 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Might be a bit biased here but would anyone take a punt on Darren Randolph.  Seems to have made the Ireland jersey his own with a few solid displays.  

back up at West Ham.  Maybe a 3 or 4 million pound bid might get him.

I would rather we go for Pantilimon for £1m - £2m less or Bentley who is out of contract at Southend this summer than a former Nose (I might be a bit biased here) :)

Edited by John