Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not panicking. I just thought the manager would want a full pre season with as many of his new players as possible.  (I think he probably does - I suspect with the takeover and everything he doesn't yet , quite have the green light to spend) 

Taking your previous posts with this one, it seems you are knocking the manager when he has only been here a week. Might be an idea to give him a bit of time to see what happens.

How many empty vessels and hangers-on have we had at this club in the past five years? It's embarrassing, I mean at one point we had the infamous bomb squad for christs sake, an entire group of people getting paid exorbitant amounts to do nothing.

how anyone can say we don't need trimming is beyond me, with the exception of just a few players I'd say they're all up for the chop.

40 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm sure he would want a full pre-season with as many as possible.  However, he still has to view what he's got.

It's likely that Di Matteo will have a different tactical setup than Sherwood/Garde/Black/Wenger/whoever, will want to see different attributes in his players and will play in a different style.  How does he know that players we already have don't fit the bill without actually seeing them?

Even then, having assessed his squad options for suitability, he needs to identify players he wants (likely already has a list here) and get the club to enter negotiations - negotiations over price, contract etc.  Everything takes time.

No, sorry you've lost me!

In seriousness though, I would like to think that he has a plan of who he wants to keep and who he wants to drop kick out of the building, but I would assume he wants to see them all in person and assess them in training for a week or so (attitude etc) to confirm to himself that he has it right, and to make any adjustments to his plans.

in my mind we need:

1. New captain/leader - CHECK
2. Poisonous Layabouts removed - Gabby/Richards/Lescott
3. Utterly useless waste of skin gone - CHECK (Nzombie)
4. Less capable players removed - Sinclair/Guzan/Cissokho, Bennett, Kozak
5. New Striker(s)
6. Decent midfielder
7. RB and LB
8. Keep Amavi, Ayew and Gana - Promising noises so far

It seems to me that 2. is in progress (given the statements made by all of the hierarchy, I will be very disillusioned if those three are still here next season, or if they are, they are on gardening leave). Hopefully the training camp will just be RDM confirming his plans. I am sure he will have targets in mind as well.

Going to be a hectic few weeks (hopefully)

:-)

Edited by TheStagMan

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

No, sorry you've lost me!

In seriousness though, I would like to think that he has a plan of who he wants to keep and who he wants to drop kick out of the building, but I would assume he wants to see them all in person and assess them in training for a week or so (attitude etc) to confirm to himself that he has it right, and to make any adjustments to his plans.

in my mind we need:

1. New captain/leader - CHECK
2. Poisonous Layabouts removed - Gabby/Richards/Lescott
3. Utterly useless waste of skin gone - CHECK (Nzombie)
4. Less capable players removed - Sinclair/Guzan/Cissokho, Bennett, Kozak
5. New Striker(s)
6. Decent midfielder
7. RB and LB
8. Keep Amavi, Ayew and Gana - Promising noises so far

It seems to me that 2. is in progress (given the statements made by all of the hierarchy, I will be very disillusioned if those three are still here next season, or if they are, they are on gardening leave). Hopefully the training camp will just be RDM confirming his plans. I am sure he will have targets in mind as well.

Going to be a hectic few weeks (hopefully)

:-)

I think RDM's actions will be drawn out over more than a few weeks. He still has a pre-season before the Championship starts, and a couple of months of a window.

I agree with you, it would be great to get a lot of action very quickly, but there would be no need to panic if things did not happen as quickly as we all want. Supporters are an impatient bunch. I include myself.

Edited by AntrimBlack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Taking your previous posts with this one, it seems you are knocking the manager when he has only been here a week. Might be an idea to give him a bit of time to see what happens.

Agreed - But what I fear we are being primed for is 'The spirit amongst the players is great'  'Gabby has been knuckling down'  

Common consensus was a mass cleared was needed - I fear we are be primed for more of the same - all imy (very sceptical) opinion of course...

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

The only links I can find with Jose Naranjo seem to be Newcastle ones.  Where have the Villa rumours come from?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-gossip-updated-defensive-11485670

Aston Villa have been linked with a move for Spanish hotshot Jose Naranjo.

The Gimnastic de Tarragona striker has scored 15 times for the club in the Segunda Division and is thought to have a £2.38m release clause.

The 21-year-old is on the radar of a number of clubs and is currently in talks with Newcastle United.

Spanish press are reporting that Villa have actually made a bid for the youngster.

While I want a cull.  I don't think those in most need of ditching are likely to go.  No offers: No interest: equals no transfers.   So, IN THAT CASE.  I think RDM and mr muscles should work them to death in pre-season.  Those that rise and perform he can play and that's OK with me.  Those that can't, can be told to help with the laundry and marking field at BMH

34 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

While I want a cull.  I don't think those in most need of ditching are likely to go.  No offers: No interest: equals no transfers.   So, IN THAT CASE.  I think RDM and mr muscles should work them to death in pre-season.  Those that rise and perform he can play and that's OK with me.  Those that can't, can be told to help with the laundry and marking field at BMH

People have forgotten we are in the Championship and the likes of Cissokho, whilst limited are more than useful as a part of the squad at this level.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People have forgotten we are in the Championship and the likes of Cissokho, whilst limited are more than useful as a part of the squad at this level.

sorry, but did you mean to quote me?  Because I don't see the connection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

sorry, but did you mean to quote me?  Because I don't see the connection.

Not sure but I think I scrolled through quickly and your post was the last, I was pretty much agreeing with what you said.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, useless said:

I think we need to replace Hutton at right back.

I think he will do us just fine in the championship.

• Like 4

I don't, we need players who are good on the ball. Hutton isn't unfortune, even when there's nobody around him, so I don't think playing in the Championship will make much difference to his performance, especially from an attacking point of view..

• Like 1

Although some of the losers from last year could do a job in the Championship, I would prefer not to have to find out. We might have to keep some but I want to see us try to build a new team, the kind of team that will stay together and develop together. Hutton isn't going to develop any more, he's 31 now. I'd rather see a new first choice RB come in. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Hutton in the squad, his attitude and work rate is good. He's just not got the quality. 

• Like 2

There are levels of priority we need to address.  Hutton although by no means perfect is quite low down the list of things we need to do this summer. 

This aligned with our need to keep a nucleus of the team together (to avoid having a whole team of strangers) means he should stay where he is atm.  He is a problem for next summer imo.

• Like 1