Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Any money spent on replacing Guzan, Bacuna, Okore, Clark, Amavi, Hutton or Cissokho is money down the drain.

These guys are good enough for promotion from the championship and survival in the premier league easily. Clark, Amavi, Bacuna and Okore have potential to go further.

Last season as a defensive unit they were nothing short of a disgrace, no organisation or cohesion amongst any of them. For the more experienced amongst them it was plain embarrassing. How often were they defending together. Richards and Hutton spent half the time out of position, Guzan had a good spell a couple of seasons ago, but has never maintained or reached that level again. Lescott has past his best days, and no longer has the pace to dig him out of a tough spot.

The only defender who I would make an effort to keep would be Amavi, as I feel he has potential to improve with better centre backs playing beside him. Going forward he offers a lot as well, if we can get a similar player for RB with two good CB we will look a lot better for it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Any money spent on replacing Guzan, Bacuna, Okore, Clark, Amavi, Hutton or Cissokho is money down the drain.

These guys are good enough for promotion from the championship and survival in the premier league easily. Clark, Amavi, Bacuna and Okore have potential to go further.

Money down the drain for a man named Tony Xia is the remnants of the $$$ he used to start his BBQ. It will be money well wasted if it means a back four that play in a line and don't seek to blame each other due to their own utter incompetence

Edited by Tubby

16 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Any money spent on replacing Guzan, Bacuna, Okore, Clark, Amavi, Hutton or Cissokho is money down the drain. These guys are good enough for promotion from the championship and survival in the premier league easily...

Okore, Clark, Amavi I can go along with

Hutton, Cissokho - probably should find better replacements

Guzan, Bacuna - must find better replacements

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I just found this photo of our defence from last season, I think it needs replacing :/Burnley-end.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

101.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/16/2016 at 09:06, Dante_Lockhart said:

------------------------------------New GK ------------------------------------

New RB---------------Okore---------------Elphick------------------Amavi

--------------------------Westwood-------New CM---------------------------

Adama---------------------------Veretout---------------------------Grealish

-------------------------------------New ST-------------------------------------

Be a good line-up at the start of the season as long as the 4 new signings are the right ones. Petrov next to Westwood ;)

Based on Gueye, Ayew, Bacuna and Guzan all going.

2 wingers......we will get overrun.

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

fviiO5t.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

Time will tell I suppose.

It did so with Davis, Cahill, Albrighton and countless others.

Bacuna is garbage. Clark is too error prone. But Okore and Amavi I agree with you. Elphick with Okore will be strong.

We need to get rid of bacuna and Hutton. Need a new right back or two. Cissohko and Bennett to be sold. Keep Clark as 4th choice. Get rid of Richards and Lescott. Get rid of Steer and Guzan. Bring in a new keeper.

Summary for our defence.

SELL

Guzan Steer Richards Baker Lescott Bennett cissohko bacuna and Hutton 

KEEP

Clark Okore Toner Amavi Borg and Bunn as back up

SIGN

New keeper new right back or two. Elphick another CB.  wouldn't mind seeing that Borg kid from West Ham as back up to amavi. Looked good in the Hong Kong 7s

That's just in defence. Big changes are needed

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

We all got different opinions on what we need coming season. No need to get abusive on opinions you dont share. What many are doin is playing fantasy football with Dr Xia money. It can be fun, but we must realize we are all a bunch of happy amatuers. I put my trust in RDM and his team and i am sure we will have a good competitive team when the season start, without flooding money "Sheik City" way

Edited by Christer
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Cheezburger drunk ron swanson tv funny

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Seriously though, Mike, as someone said before, of those players keep Okore, Clarke and Amavi. The rest are coach killers.

• Like 1