Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

33 minutes ago, KSV said:

We won't just accept any derisory bid. Well done Villa.

Exactly this. I understand peoples frustrations as we want players like Sinclair gone, but we're also at a point under new ownership where we have to show the footballing world that we are not the same old Villa. Under Lerner we sold to the first bidder like it was some first come first serve policy, now we need to stand firm even when we are desperate to want Sinclair gone. 

• Like 1

There's no way Celtic will pay him what he's earning here. If we show both Celtic and the player we're not willing to just get rid at all costs it could save us paying his loyalty bonus and having to pay the difference in his wages even after he leaves. We finally have football people running the club - there's bound to be logic behind these negotiations.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not as a person but he is a player, one of the worst I've seen in a long time. A total non-presence and all round streak of piss on the ball. 

Did he end up being our top scorer last season, or was that Ayew?

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

You'd ship off Amavi? Based on his intelligent runs, attacking play and great crossing ability?

If you'd bother really reading what I wrote, you'd see I didn't specify Amavi as the one to go but, as one of three, each of whom it is possible to make a case for keeping.Yes, Amavi is good going forward but, he lacks somewhat defensively, as does Bennett. While Cissokho is more of a defender. Personally, I like the idea of having a defensive fullback and a more attack-minded wing-back, giving different options for formations.

On the right side for example, I'd like a combination of Kyle Naught on. as the defensive back and DeAndre Yedlin as the wing-back. 

Edited by 1958Villan
unfinished thought.

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Someone mentioned we've been watching Jonathan Kodija from Bristol on Twitter anyone know anything about him?

Was expecting to see someone in the style of Gestede considering how tall he is, but seem to score most of his goals with his feet

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think he scored 20+ in the Championship last year. 

I'd rather we scouted him while he was playing football, but given the disasters this club has had with pocket tweets in recent times, maybe monitoring his social media output is more valuable. 

I've long been of the opinion that you only get to know someone by watching them 24hrs a day. Maybe we wouldn't have signed the likes of Richards and Lescott if we'd adopted this total scouting approach sooner

Some nice goals there. I was too distracted though by his Vardy style arm cast, I kept looking to see if it stayed on his arm the entire video and it did. That said I wouldn't be opposed to this guy coming to Villa it seems he has a knack for scoring at this level. 

48 minutes ago, sne said:

Was expecting to see someone in the style of Gestede considering how tall he is, but seem to score most of his goals with his feet

Kodija and Ayew would be a decent attacking option with Gestede n Kozak as back up.

I don't understand why some people are getting so worked up about us not letting go of certain players, or for certain fees. If the club feels like they can afford to do that surely it's a good sign, it's the incomings we should be concerned about. Worst case scenario we have a player which we don't include in the squad and/or send out on loan, or one who gets a rocket up the butt and starts performing, as in truth some of these players were/are not as shite as they have performed since they came to us.

• Like 3

The Kodjia link came from a fake twitter account with 10 followers which was retweeted by one of those Villa "news" accounts, which never actually seem to think to check the validity of the account they're referencing.

Pet hate.

It may well be bullshit. But he's probably somebody we've looked at, regardless of Twitter rumours. He was one of the 5 highest scorers in the division last year, and plays for a much smaller club we can bully in the transfer market. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Looks like a young Darren Bent to me, based on that video