Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

If we're after two strikers then we're going to  have to ship some out.

We have Ayew, Gabby, Kozak, Gestede, Sinclair, Adama and Grealish all as options for the 4-3-3. Even for the championship 7 players for 3 positions is too much.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10497726/manchester-united-to-sell-tyler-blackett-and-guillermo-varela-sky-sources 

Tyler Blackett and Guillermo Varela are set to be sold by Manchester United after Jose Mourinho deemed them surplus to requirements at Old Trafford, according to Sky sources.

Neither Blackett, a central defender, nor Varela, a full-back, are currently training with the United first-team squad, an indication that they will play no part in Mourinho's plans for the future.

However, Mourinho remains keen to promote young players from the club's academy and has identified central defender Axel Tuanzebe and full-back Timothy Fosu-Mensah as stronger options to be involved in the first team.

Might be pie in the sky stuff, but I could see both of these two doing well for us. 

The wondow so far is really encouraging. Thanks Xia.

We still need a striker if we are to compete for promoting.

Ofcourse if we could keep Ayew, Adama, Amavi and possibly  Gana and Veretout. With Okore and Grealish. We could build a good squad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villaglint said:

Someone mentioned we've been watching Jonathan Kodija from Bristol on Twitter anyone know anything about him?

Well these twitter things are meaningless, but I enjoyed the video.

More than a touch of the Stanley Victors about him I thought.  If the video is in any way representative I would enjoy him being here !  Forgotten what its like to watch the same man (or indeed anybody or any combination of men) score 20 goals !!

Anyone know how Conte likes his midfielders? Is he good at brining through youth players?

If not maybe RDM and Clarke could use their connections from Chelsea to bring in Loftus Cheek, on loan with a view to buy l(this is obviously a long shot as the guy is talented and may not want to come down to championship) Him and Tshibola would be a very powerful combination as both are units and would strike fear into opposition

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I must be the only one who think if well managed and coached properly there's a player in Scot Sinclair, I'd much rather we got rid of gabby, lescott and Bacuna first. 

Don't really care in which order they are going, as long as they are all gone come next season.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Was expecting to see someone in the style of Gestede considering how tall he is, but seem to score most of his goals with his feet

Alan Nixon thinks we are in for him, so may be something in it.

Having watched that video he looks good, left foot, right foot and headed finishes, with some seriously dodgy celebrations thrown in. Good size and pace about him, could be a good addition if we are after him. He's 26 so not a kid, and looking at his record, he'd not scored prolifically prior to the last 2 seasons.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If we're after two strikers then we're going to  have to ship some out.

We have Ayew, Gabby, Kozak, Gestede, Sinclair, Adama and Grealish all as options for the 4-3-3. Even for the championship 7 players for 3 positions is too much.

I'd ship out Gabby and Kozak and bring in Bamford and one other - maybe that guy from Bristol.

I don't really want McCormack, not sure why. 

So far so good in terms of incomings.

Potentially a top class goal keeper and defensive midfielder as well as a proven centre back who will lead us.

I'd be delighted if we got Gunter, lotus cheek and Bamford as the next three! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Yeah sounds good, however it would require them wanting to go live in China. Can't see it myself.

Most of them have a level of footballing quality that would suggest - Made in China