Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Had never even heard of Kodja before reading about him in this thread so I can't really pass judgement on him.

Same here. 

Just had a quick look into him. 

He is only 22yrs old, 6.2"  19 goals last season for a team fighting relegation. Derby apparently interested.

Just now, av1 said:

Same here. 

He is only 22yrs old, 6.2"  19 goals last season for a team fighting relegation. Derby apparently interested.

I don't think you Googled him hard enough. He's 26 for a start :lol:.

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Same here. 

He's 26.

44 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I imagine Cissokho, Westwood, Gana, Clark, Guzan, Veretout, Adama, Sinclair will be sold in the summer.  I reckon that's about £30m of money coming in right there. That's another £50m to £45m to spend when arguably all we need to sign is a striker, 2xCM, AM and a winger.

More like £45m mate.

I'd fight like hell to keep Gana, I'd much prefer to sell Sanchez. Guzan I'd keep, he's in the final year of his contract and I can't blame him for last season, anyone's confidence would go playing with the defences he's had for the past few seasons. Bunn I'd let go on a free, 10 goals conceded in two games. I'd add Agbonlahor to that list, even if it meant paying up his contract and Gil, who is actively courting clubs in Spain. Not forgetting Okore.

My suggestions to fill the spots you mention Brentford's Scott Hogan for the striker role, Derby's George Thorne for CM, along with Tom Carroll of Spurs. AM I'd take Nick Powell or, Gaston Ramirez, Winger I'd take QPR 's Junior Hoillet. I'd add a right-back in either DeAndre Yedlin of Spurs or Kyle Naughton of Swansea and another centre back, either Marc Wilson of Stoke or Tomas Kalas of Chelsea. 

Just now, JPAngel said:

I don't think you Googled him hard enough. He's 26 for a start :lol:.

I've just revisited, it seems his birthday is October 22nd. So yes not really paying much attention :D

14 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

The point was we are rumoured to be after McCormack for £12m if SB went for £16m we should match it an see what happens. I speculated how it might happen. In future I'll DM my messages to get the all clear! 

Or just don't be overly surprised when somebody calls you out on something so utterly bonkers! ;)

The Express and Star are staying that Everton are moving for one of our targets; Sebastian Haller... I must've missed us being linked to him. We probably didn't have any genuine interest in the first place, but he's done ok for Utrect this season I think.

Everton are eyeing a move for Villa target Sebastien Haller after opening talks with the France Under-21 international.

The Toffees are readying a move for the 22-year-old Frenchman as they look to strengthen their squad ahead of the season.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2016/07/11/transfer-rumours-july-11-3/#2d2ORkoKepW3YqGO.99

Edited by alreadyexists

19 hours ago, 1958Villan said:

If you'd bother really reading what I wrote, you'd see I didn't specify Amavi as the one to go but, as one of three, each of whom it is possible to make a case for keeping.Yes, Amavi is good going forward but, he lacks somewhat defensively, as does Bennett. While Cissokho is more of a defender. Personally, I like the idea of having a defensive fullback and a more attack-minded wing-back, giving different options for formations.

On the right side for example, I'd like a combination of Kyle Naught on. as the defensive back and DeAndre Yedlin as the wing-back. 

I read the whole thing, not just a bit of it. I wouldn't even consider selling Amavi, he's a terrific player for his age and will only get better, so much potential in the championship. The idea of shipping him out to bring in Yedlin is laughable.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The Express and Star are staying that Everton are moving for one of our targets; Sebastian Haller... I must've missed us being linked to him. We probably didn't have any genuine interest in the first place, but he's done ok for Utrect this season I think.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2016/07/11/transfer-rumours-july-11-3/#2d2ORkoKepW3YqGO.99

I get the impression he's a serious prospect, 14 games and 9 goals for the France U21's so would be very surprised if we stood a remote chance. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Alan Nixon thinks we are in for him, so may be something in it.

Having watched that video he looks good, left foot, right foot and headed finishes, with some seriously dodgy celebrations thrown in. Good size and pace about him, could be a good addition if we are after him. He's 26 so not a kid, and looking at his record, he'd not scored prolifically prior to the last 2 seasons.

Been excited about Kodjia for a while now, some great finishes last season... but I always admire a striker who have the presence of mind to dink a ball past a keeper instead of just blasting it when inside the box.

Kodjia played in the French leagues before arriving at Bristol - Angers I think and every second goal of his was a cool dink over a keeper

If you can find video of his finishing in France you will realise that a 26 yr old striker in his prime for £6.5 million is a bit of a steal.

Nice dance celebrations too

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I get the impression he's a serious prospect, 14 games and 9 goals for the France U21's so would be very surprised if we stood a remote chance. 

Wasn't there a rumour not so far back (I seem to remember commenting on it) about a good striker from the Eredivisie?

Maybe that is/was Haller?

32 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Maybe he was a target this time last year and is still on the radar - with the whole french recruitment drive we had going on.

• Like 1