Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I hadn't quite finished my sentence. I was going to add that, then they must have someone better lined-up, I think we'll end up signing a striker who will be seen as a coup, for a Championship club. Probably not Berahino, but someone with a good reputation.

Your post did rather leave us hanging there, waiting for the rest of it. Nice build-up. :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

How about trying for Borussia Dortmund's 27-year-old centre-back Nevin Subotic who's available for £4m.

Add in Brentford's forward Scott Hogan and free agent, secondary striker, attacking midfielder and either right or left winger Nick Powell.

Subotic rumoured for Boro I think £8m. I'd give Nick Powell a trial Villa fan who looked the better player at Crewe than Westwood. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

If it's true that the club aren't interested in Bramford and McCormack.

Chelsea loans I'd rather have than Bamford are Bertrand Traore striker and Tomas Kalas centre-back.

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Did you actually read the post?? I started off by saying I doubt it so not delusional what so ever.  It's a speculation thread so speculate. 

There's speculation and there's speculation though. I know you prefaced your post with 'it probably won't happen', but that still massively overstates the possibility. It definitely won't happen. We're not going to sign Berahino, who Albion wanted £25m for last year (and who's doubtless more valuable this year), and we're not going to sign Son Heung-Min, who Spurs paid nearly £25m for last year instead of Berahino. 

Back in the real world, we've spent £3m on a spare Bournemouth centre back, a few million on a goalie relegated from Serie A and £4-5m on a guy who has played about 15 times for Reading. We're not going to be signing brilliant players who can easily play for teams in the Premier League, just get used to it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Did you actually read the post?? I started off by saying I doubt it so not delusional what so ever.  It's a speculation thread so speculate. 

What's the point though, in this particular case?

You then went on to discuss how it might be possible. It really isn't. 

I know he probably wouldn't come to the championship but I think Juan Mata would be a perfect fit. 

• Like 2

After what Xia has said and even Wyness to some extent, i don't think it's too delusional to speculate on players (within reason) who might otherwise be seen as too good for the Championship. I don't think we'll sign him for several reasons but would anyone really be that surprised if Berahino signed for Newcastle. I would initially but not too much.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Rumours that the Reading kid signed for us this morning but can't see anything on the Internet. Anybody confirm?

BM says that Villa are waiting on medical results. If that's the case, the signing will probably be completed today.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

After what Xia has said and even Wyness to some extent, i don't think it's too delusional to speculate on players (within reason) who might otherwise be seen as too good for the Championship. I don't think we'll sign him for several reasons but would anyone really be that surprised if Berahino signed for Newcastle. I would initially but not too much.

I would be astounded if Newcastle could stump up the £30m+ I would imagine it will take to sign Berahino. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

I hadn't quite finished my sentence. I was going to add that, then they must have someone better lined-up, I think we'll end up signing a striker who will be seen as a coup, for a Championship club. Probably not Berahino, but someone with a good reputation.

Hilariously Edited Pictures of Mario Balotelli

• Like 1

The signings so far are what I would expect from a newly relegated team. Solid but unspecular.

In no way is it signings by a team that is aiming to be an european power any time soon.  

Would be very supriced if our spendings is any where near that of Newcastle come the end of the transfer Windows. 

Edited by sne

3 players in, in positions desperately needed. And this is before RDM has had his week away with the squad. I think we'll see another 5 at least coming in quite quickly after they get back, then those that are leaving will be dealt with last. 

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

In no way is it signings by a team that is aiming to be an european power any time soon. 

We're a Championship club. What did you expect? A Europa League winning team being signed this window?

Lets focus on getting promoted before we start thinking about Europe again shall we?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sne said:

The signings so far are what I would expect from a newly relegated team. Solid but unspecular.

Would be very supriced if our spendings is any where near that of Newcastle come the end of the transfer Windows. 

Xia himself has said he looks to emulate a Leicester at first, rather than suddenly go on a Chelsea spending spree.

We need to get solid players in at the moment, inconsistent players have bought us down to this level.