Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He doesn't have a particularly good record on Villa targets to be honest.*

(*I don't know if we are after this guy or not)

But he got Brad Friedel right about 8 years ago! 

In fairness he's a journos from the Mirror so knows as much as Joe Bloggs on the street most likely! 

Edited by villan-scott

33 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He doesn't have a particularly good record on Villa targets to be honest.*

(*I don't know if we are after this guy or not)

TBf I think he got all of our targets right last year but I think that was because he his mates with the English agent arranging the deals. 

6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I must be the only one who think if well managed and coached properly there's a player in Scot Sinclair, I'd much rather we got rid of gabby, lescott and Bacuna first. 

He had a bright start last preseason and early on, but totally faded by October. He's yet to really live up to his potential, and he's pushing 30...if we have the money, he's surplus, IMO.

• Like 1

Mao we have a new GK, CB, CM so far and strikers appear to be next on the list.

Still much work to do but RDM is seemingly working on the spine of the team first which is what was needed.

About £13m spent so far so still hopefully plenty left as RDM's disposal.

25 minutes ago, Donniewyer said:

Morrison would rip the defs of the champs teams to shreds...if only he could get his act together and remove the sack of spuds on his shoulder.

He would be great but the thought of him, lescott, flabby and richards is frighetning

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Mao we have a new GK, CB, CM so far and strikers appear to be next on the list.

Still much work to do but RDM is seemingly working on the spine of the team first which is what was needed.

About £13m spent so far so still hopefully plenty left as RDM's disposal.

Let's hope that is true eh. However I can't see us spending the rumoured additional £20m plus player sales.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why?

I imagine Cissokho, Westwood, Gana, Clark, Guzan, Veretout, Adama, Sinclair will be sold in the summer.  I reckon that's about £30m of money coming in right there. That's another £50m to £45m to spend when arguably all we need to sign is a striker, 2xCM, AM and a winger.

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I imagine Cissokho, Westwood, Gana, Clark, Guzan, Veretout, Adama, Sinclair will be sold in the summer.  I reckon that's about £30m of money coming in right there. That's another £50m to £45m to spend when arguably all we need to sign is a striker, 2xCM, AM and a winger.

I'd like to see us make the defence more solid if we have that much coming in.  Midfield (unless we lose all of Westwood, Gueye and Veretout) is nowhere near as much of a problem IMO.

Edit:  There's a strange lack of links to players, though.  Not even that much tenuous bullcrap to discuss! :(

Edited by bobzy

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don't think we'll sell 8 players over the next 3 weeks. I think we'll sell 3 or 4 at most and will most likely have to deal with having at least one of Gabby, Richards, Lescott, Guzan and Bacuna in the squad still.

For what it's worth though, I think there will be a minimum of 2 more signings through the door. Trying to be conservative :).

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

I don't think we'll sell 8 players over the next 3 weeks. I think we'll sell 3 or 4 at most and will most likely have to deal with having at least one of Gabby, Richards, Lescott, Guzan and Bacuna in the squad still.

For what it's worth though, I think there will be a minimum of 2 more signings through the door. Trying to be conservative :).

Maybe not but I can see a fair few leaving as RDM has already said our squad is too big and we have yet to sell anyone.

Saw on twitter that apparently we have offered £6.5m for Kodija. Could be a handy signing?

And yes, I know it's likely BS before anyone moans about Twitter being BS. 

Edited by PieFacE

Had never even heard of Kodja before reading about him in this thread so I can't really pass judgement on him. Having said that, we need a new striker to freshen things up and signing another strong lad who's proven himself in the Championship can only be good news.

Add to that, that he's had a class season in a team that didn't really threaten at the top end and I'd be even more pleased. Sort of the same rationale as the Tshibola signing really.

On 9 July 2016 at 12:40, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What's the point though, in this particular case?

You then went on to discuss how it might be possible. It really isn't. 

I know he probably wouldn't come to the championship but I think Juan Mata would be a perfect fit. 

The point was we are rumoured to be after McCormack for £12m if SB went for £16m we should match it an see what happens. I speculated how it might happen. In future I'll DM my messages to get the all clear!