Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

The only way I could see us signing Pogba at this moment in time, is if we signed him and then loaned him to someone like PSG, until we return to the Premier league. The idea of him playing in the Championship isn't exactly delusional, but it is perhaps (well almost most definitely) wishful thinking.

• Like 1

Not a chance he would go to PSG now Ibra has moved on, they are a spent force. He has the chance to be part of something special here. A new dawn.

I can see it now, those raking 70 yards ball out wide to a rampaging Hutton. Then in turn, to Gestede.

With that kind of player we could definitely push on and target a top 6 finish.

• Like 1

If....and I do mean IF Pogba turns us does then I think we should compile a list of alternatives. Next priority maybe Kroos or at he very least Vidal.

I know they are not ideal but sometimes you just need to slum it and get in someone to do a job.

1 hour ago, useless said:

The only way I could see us signing Pogba at this moment in time, is if we signed him and then loaned him to someone like PSG, until we return to the Premier league. The idea of him playing in the Championship isn't exactly delusional, but it is perhaps (well almost most definitely) wishful thinking.

50% chance of him coming from where I look at it. Either he will or he won't. It's 50/50.

• Like 1

If we are not going for Bamford and McCormack could we be looking at a loan signing to play up front alongside Ayew such as Wilson (Manchester United) or anyone else that might be made available to us from the top clubs here and in Europe?  

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What I want to know is, why aren't we in for Pogba?

Yeah because Berahino and Pogba are of a similar level! If Berahino finds himself at Watford next year it's not too difficult to imagine he could soon be swapping places with either Newcastle or us next year. If I was Berahino and had the choice of Watford or Newcastle I'm not sure the decision would be so straight forward. He didn't have a good enough year last year to get one of the bigger clubs interested. 

43 minutes ago, John said:

If we are not going for Bamford and McCormack could we be looking at a loan signing to play up front alongside Ayew such as Wilson (Manchester United) or anyone else that might be made available to us from the top clubs here and in Europe?  

Don't know why anyone rates James Wilson to be honest. Looks like a little boy to me.

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't know why anyone rates James Wilson to be honest. Looks like a little boy to me.

We were linked with him earlier and I quoted him as an example of strikers that we might sign on loan but there are other players that clubs might be willing to see having a season with us and RDM. Do you have one that might prove a better loan option? 

Having trouble providing the link, but there was an article on HITC Sport on a possible way Villa will ship off some overpaid wasters. The article states that if, on the very likely possibility that nobody wants the likes of Richards, Gabby, Lescott etc,, Tony will sell them to the Chinese league. Apparently they can afford their wages, and it would be considered a way to improve the profile of Chinese football.

28 minutes ago, AJ said:

Having trouble providing the link, but there was an article on HITC Sport on a possible way Villa will ship off some overpaid wasters. The article states that if, on the very likely possibility that nobody wants the likes of Richards, Gabby, Lescott etc,, Tony will sell them to the Chinese league. Apparently they can afford their wages, and it would be considered a way to improve the profile of Chinese football.

Human rights, dude.