Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

28 minutes ago, AJ said:

Having trouble providing the link, but there was an article on HITC Sport on a possible way Villa will ship off some overpaid wasters. The article states that if, on the very likely possibility that nobody wants the likes of Richards, Gabby, Lescott etc,, Tony will sell them to the Chinese league. Apparently they can afford their wages, and it would be considered a way to improve the profile of Chinese football.

Yeah sounds good, however it would require them wanting to go live in China. Can't see it myself.

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Back in the real world, we've spent £3m on a spare Bournemouth centre back, a few million on a goalie relegated from Serie A and £4-5m on a guy who has played about 15 times for Reading. We're not going to be signing brilliant players who can easily play for teams in the Premier League, just get used to it. 

Gayle and Ritchie just signed for Newcastle from Palace and Bournemouth. We were just linked with Pantilimon. There are plenty of players we could sign with premier league ability or potential - if not from the premier league then other leagues. It is absolutely possible to build a premier league quality team from within the championship and it's what we should be aiming to do.

It's what we ARE aiming to do. More to the point though, I'd rather have us take a punt on a young goalie with potential than proven dross in Pantsilimon - he's just tall, not a good keeper at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

Berahino, wanted by Stoke and Watford. Why bother moving if you were him. HOWEVER, we all know why the Villa would be a dream move, do we even have a sniff?

Stoke have offered £16m I believe and had it turned down.

I think Berahino is one of those players like Adama Traore and Raheem Sterling, that is, plays like a typical 10-year-old in the playground. You know goes on 20 runs with the ball but only passes to a team-mate in a better position twice. Over-rated. Still, Mark Hughes must think he can do something with him.

Of the clubs showing interest Stoke should, logically, be his choice. They are an improving established premiership club, having just had their best season. 

17 hours ago, Rodders said:

8 out?

Going to struggle to shift more than 3 or 4 really - assuming we're talking about first teamers from last year. Westwood linked to Burnley sure, otherwise Guzan might get a club, maybe Bacuna would too, but Lescott, Richards, Gabby, etc - whos going to take those? 

Gana seems most likely to leave, and there's been rumours linking Westwood to Burnley, otherwise not a peep's been heard of anything linking the rest to moves away. But as pre-season moves on I I guess it will hot up but I would be surprised if more than 3-4 of last year's lot left by September. 

We do need a right back if we are to get rid of Bacuna and Richards. My choice would be Yedlin from Spurs as he can play right midfield as well. We could also do with another two centre-backs if we get rid of Lescott, Okore and Clark. I'd go for Wilson of Stoke, an experienced campaigner who is out of contract I think and Chelsea's Tomas Kalas on loan, who has experience in the championship. We could do with off-loading one of Amavi, Cissokho and Bennett too. We need to get rid of two out of Gana, Westwood and Sanchez. I'd keep Gana. We could stand losing Veretout and replacing him with Someone like Spurs Tom Carroll. Getting rid of Agbonlahor and Gestede would be my choice, Gabby for obvious reasons and Gestede for his lack of movement. Kozak I'd keep for his intelligent runs and knack of being in the right place in and around the six-yard box. I like Brentford's Scott Hogan and possibly Millwall's Lee Gregory as forwards.   

2 hours ago, 1958Villan said:

We do need a right back if we are to get rid of Bacuna and Richards. My choice would be Yedlin from Spurs as he can play right midfield as well. We could also do with another two centre-backs if we get rid of Lescott, Okore and Clark. I'd go for Wilson of Stoke, an experienced campaigner who is out of contract I think and Chelsea's Tomas Kalas on loan, who has experience in the championship. We could do with off-loading one of Amavi, Cissokho and Bennett too. We need to get rid of two out of Gana, Westwood and Sanchez. I'd keep Gana. We could stand losing Veretout and replacing him with Someone like Spurs Tom Carroll. Getting rid of Agbonlahor and Gestede would be my choice, Gabby for obvious reasons and Gestede for his lack of movement. Kozak I'd keep for his intelligent runs and knack of being in the right place in and around the six-yard box. I like Brentford's Scott Hogan and possibly Millwall's Lee Gregory as forwards.   

You'd ship off Amavi? Based on his intelligent runs, attacking play and great crossing ability?

Id accept a bid of £1 just to get him out of the club

If that parasite is stuck here next season then the club have **** up

Edited by Zatman

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 12:33, HanoiVillan said:

Back in the real world, we've spent £3m on a spare Bournemouth centre back, a few million on a goalie relegated from Serie A and £4-5m on a guy who has played about 15 times for Reading. We're not going to be signing brilliant players who can easily play for teams in the Premier League, just get used to it. 

I agree there is no harm looking at it that way - we don't know how things will unfold and cant rely on promises.

On the other hand it is just as fair to say we have signed a Centre Back who was key in getting Bournemouth promoted, a player who Reading fans seem to regard as key to their Club, and a goalie who was wanted, purportedly, by a fair few other decent Clubs.  And in doing so almost certainly upgraded the spinre of the Team, and wew are only a week or so in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He is a long way down the parasitic scale.

he came from City with a year left of his contract. I would say he is on a minimum of 40k a week and he is easily the worst player in the squad. even worse than Bacuna