Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

59 minutes ago, Boumasbabies said:

Been excited about Kodjia for a while now, some great finishes last season... but I always admire a striker who have the presence of mind to dink a ball past a keeper instead of just blasting it when inside the box. Kodjia played in the French leagues before arriving at Bristol - Angers I think and every second goal of his was a cool dink over a keeper. If you can find video of his finishing in France you will realise that a 26 yr old striker in his prime for £6.5 million is a bit of a steal. Nice dance celebrations too

Edit - seen a few videos of him playing in France - looks like a very good finisher, skillful too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9U5LszmJ3c&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTMQYV8DKYM

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Mao we have a new GK, CB, CM so far and strikers appear to be next on the list.

Still much work to do but RDM is seemingly working on the spine of the team first which is what was needed.

About £13m spent so far so still hopefully plenty left as RDM's disposal.

I see what you did there ;)

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I get the impression he's a serious prospect, 14 games and 9 goals for the France U21's so would be very surprised if we stood a remote chance. 

I agree, after some research he looks like a serious talent, it would be a bit of a coup for us to get him. 

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I get the impression he's a serious prospect, 14 games and 9 goals for the France U21's so would be very surprised if we stood a remote chance. 

If only we had a french manager and someone like Paddy Reilly to entice him. 

giphy.gif

Derby reject 3million for Jeff Hendrick. we really should be trying to sign him especially for a fee as low as that

also hope this doesnt put Burnley off signing Westwood though Hendrick is a superior player

• Like 1

Di Matteo has been talking about reducing the squad now (I hope that doesn't mean he's finished buying) so who gets the chop? I think the easiest thing to do is look at having two players for each position and then seeing where we're at;

GKs Gollini (& Bunn)

LBs Amavi (& Bennett)

CBs Okore (& Clark) and Elphick (& Baker)

RBs NEW PLAYER (& Hutton)

DMFs Tshibola (& Westwood) and NEW PLAYER (& Gardner)

AMFs Grealish (& Traore) and NEW PLAYER (& Sinclair)

STs Ayew (& Gestede) and NEW PLAYER (& Gabby)

So, by my reckoning, we need four first team players with those in brackets able back ups for various formations and injuries. That's 22 players, throw in the likes of Petrov, Richards and youth players and I think we're set.

So sales could be Guzan, Cissokho, Lescott, Sanchez, Bacuna, Gueye, Veretout, Gil and Kozak. The sales of these players should easily pay for the four first team players we need and reduce wages. I know there are a few names that are controversial but Richards and Sinclair will hold their own in the Championship as back up, and Gabby also might find his level. On the sales side, Gueye, Veretout and Gil might get defended but their sale values are too high to justify keeping them when they've shown so little. This is a squad for the Championship. 

17 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

So sales could be Guzan, Cissokho, Lescott, Sanchez, Bacuna, Gueye, Veretout, Gil and Kozak. The sales of these players should easily pay for the four first team players we need and reduce wages

I would say that with the exception of Gana and Veretout most of those players would be leaving with a very small transfer fee and a quite substantial pay off.

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I would say that with the exception of Gana and Veretout most of those players would be leaving with a very small transfer fee and a quite substantial pay off.

Seems a bit harsh that we'd receive a transfer fee and have to give them a substantial pay off :(

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

So sales could be Guzan, Cissokho, Lescott, Sanchez, Bacuna, Gueye, Veretout, Gil and Kozak. The sales of these players should easily pay for the four first team players we need and reduce wages. I know there are a few names that are controversial but Richards and Sinclair will hold their own in the Championship as back up, and Gabby also might find his level. On the sales side, Gueye, Veretout and Gil might get defended but their sale values are too high to justify keeping them when they've shown so little. This is a squad for the Championship. 

Why are we worrying about  'sale values' and 'reducing wages' when that does not appear to be something Xia is worrying about  - I get the sense he wants, and only really cares about, promotion. To do that we want the strongest squad possible and that, to me, means fighting hard to hold on to our better younger players. Players like Gueye, and to a lesser extent Veretout and maybe Gill, have shown enough for me.  Having had a year in the PL I expect Gueye and Veretout to much perform better this year; especially against weaker opposition..  Not only that, keeping more of those better players (while selling weak ones like Guzan, Lescott, Bacuna) will strengthen us while causing less disruption - important given the season kicks off in 4 week!  There will be sales to trim the squad, but I think they'll be a little less severe than you are predicting. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Di Matteo has been talking about reducing the squad now (I hope that doesn't mean he's finished buying) so who gets the chop? I think the easiest thing to do is look at having two players for each position and then seeing where we're at;

GKs Gollini (& Bunn)

LBs Amavi (& Bennett)

So, by my reckoning, we need four first team players with those in brackets able back ups for various formations and injuries. That's 22 players, throw in the likes of Petrov, Richards and youth players and I think we're set.

Yes, a squad to remain in the Championship.

49 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Cannot see anyone matching the salaries of Guzan, Lescott, Sanchez, Gil and even Kozak.

I don't think we will be selling as many players as some of you think. Only the likes of Westwood, Amavi, Gana, and Ayew will really have interest. We might be able to offload Guzan and Cissokho, but the rest are likely staying. No one will want Richards and Lescott. Bacuna might be able to go to Holland, and Kozak will want to stick with us. 

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Cannot see anyone matching the salaries of Guzan, Lescott, Sanchez, Gil and even Kozak.

It will all depend how serious Xia was about offloading our players to the Chinese Super League. 

Assuming all of them had relegation clauses in their contracts to reduce their wages, then moving to a premier league club would see them going up in the pay scale, meaning no pay off required.

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

GKs Gollini (& Bunn)

LBs Amavi (& Bennett)

Given recent media stories, I'd suggest Sinclair, Westwood and Traore are more likely to leave than some you've suggested like Veretout, and Kozak.

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

He had a bright start last preseason and early on, but totally faded by October. He's yet to really live up to his potential, and he's pushing 30...if we have the money, he's surplus, IMO.

27 is hardly pushing 30, he is entering his prime.

lol, a team of 22 players wouldnt last long in the championship, it wouldnt even make it past xmas.

central defense we will need at least 5 players, central mid at least 6, maybe 5 up front as well.

we dont need to be a selling club anymore, we dont need to sell before we buy, the club has money now to invest into a proper first team, those that fall behind, will now get left behind.

> CBs Okore (& Clark) and Elphick (& Baker) <

this as well, wouldnt work, okore and elphick are right footers, who will play on the left side of central? clark and baker are left footers, who would play on the right side of central? adding to this that clark and baker cant, under any circumstance, play together.

regarding kozak, i think the club has been very unfair on him, i think he could be good in the championship, he just needs someone quick to feed off him.