The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

for what it's worth, i like Remi Garde however he is as others have said right man wrong time. I also think Paul Lambert was right man wrong time and it is the club that has let both men down. So if Garde leaves by choice or by boot up the arse i think we should go for Nigel Pearson. Reason being he is a bloody good manager who can bring squads together and more important than that he don't care what people think of him and i think we need a bit of that. I doubt we would get pearson because any sane man would run a mile if offered the job but if he would take it i think Pearson would be the guy to stop a badly sinking ship hitting rock bottom. 

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

for what it's worth, i like Remi Garde however he is as others have said right man wrong time. I also think Paul Lambert was right man wrong time and it is the club that has let both men down. So if Garde leaves by choice or by boot up the arse i think we should go for Nigel Pearson. Reason being he is a bloody good manager who can bring squads together and more important than that he don't care what people think of him and i think we need a bit of that. I doubt we would get pearson because any sane man would run a mile if offered the job but if he would take it i think Pearson would be the guy to stop a badly sinking ship hitting rock bottom. 

That's exactly why we probably will end up with him.

(I hope not).

not just that he had a decent spell of maybe 4 games but since then he went back to his same crap self. Guy has been shocking and the tweet was stupid but irrelevant in scale of things

I don't think he's been as bad as Richards, or Bacuna, or Guzan, or a number of other players in fact. It seems, to me, that the tweet thing just made him public enemy number one, whereas we should have just thought 'he's an idiot footballer who had made an idiotic move'.

18 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I don't think he's been as bad as Richards, or Bacuna, or Guzan, or a number of other players in fact. It seems, to me, that the tweet thing just made him public enemy number one, whereas we should have just thought 'he's an idiot footballer who had made an idiotic move'.

I think he has been.  At times, he's been very good - but as the most experienced defender in that setup, his lack of awareness and positioning is truly horrendous.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen that Newcastle are in talks with Benitez. I remember when people on here were turning there noses up at the likes of Benitez, and Ranieri. Woud anyone have had them now in hindsight?

Of course we would take either of them in hindsight, but I doubt they'd change anything. We could have Pep and I think we'd still finish bottom 5. 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen that Newcastle are in talks with Benitez. I remember when people on here were turning there noses up at the likes of Benitez, and Ranieri. Woud anyone have had them now in hindsight?

I would have Mcleish back in hindsight.

...Well probably not.

• Like 1

McClaren will get sacked

Garde will get sacked

Randy will tell whoever to get McClaren in

When asked why McClaren is appointed when he wasn't successful at Newcastle

Randy will reply

"yeah, I know what you're implying but, Newcastle are not a club that are run very well, they think throwing money at it is the right way to go"

Edited by Grasshopper

Bruce is a pretty good manager. Ron Saunders managed Blues after us, so it shouldn't prevent us from judging him or any other manager purely on his merits. Frankly, I'd take anyone who could turn the ship around for us . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I hope they don't think Steve Bruce will be any better than Remi Garde in the premier league because he won't be.

We won't be in the premier league. The focus is the championship, with the state of this club, the thought of doing well in this league should be put to one side for the next few years. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We won't be in the premier league. The focus is the championship, with the state of this club, the thought of doing well in this league should be put to one side for the next few years. 

Why not go for a manager who can get us out of the championship quickly and also has the potential to be successful in the premier league?

11 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I hope they don't think Steve Bruce will be any better than Remi Garde in the premier league because he won't be.

???

Yeah, the sensational Remi Garde will be a hard act to follow won't he!

Â