The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Garde is waiting for the sack, or the Villa managerial jackpot as its also known as!

I think we are going to be lumbered with a lot of the same players next season, after all, who would want them? These players clearly don't respect the manager now so they won't next season either. It is probably easier (and cheaper) for the manager to go. 

My feel is that the second we are mathematically down he will be sacked , Kev will take over for the last few games and then the rebuild will begin... Hopefully in May rather than in Aug 

the review that Merv refers to presumably will involve the ripping up of a lot of contacts for people like fox , Riley Gabby , Hutton ,etc

3 hours ago, tinker said:

He needed his back room staff with him , the writing was on the wall from the moment we failed to get them. I think there is a good chance we will go back for them in the summer after we have sacked "the committee"

One of them is making noises today that he wants to join him again. But will it be here? 

Don't think King could say much else. They might know how unhappy or otherwise Garde is and won't make it look worse by looking like the boyfriend kicked into touch by a good looking girl

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

Senderos was clearly not physically up to it.

maybe but Richards and Lescott are hardly that much better physically. RIchards has the movement in short bursts of an 80 year old. Actually think Doug could beat him and LEscott in a sprint

2 hours ago, John said:

I think the club are waiting for Remi to walk out so that they save the money they would have to pay him should they sack him before he does.     

Not sure why but managers still seem to get pay offs even when they resign ... Probably as they know where the dodgy deals are buried ??

• Like 1

maybe but Richards and Lescott are hardly that much better physically. RIchards has the movement in short bursts of an 80 year old. Actually think Doug could beat him and LEscott in a sprint

I've seen lots of stick for Lescott lately, and people criticising Remi's choice to pick him. Is it all because of that stupid tweet episode? Because I still think he's our best defender, and that's why Remi continues to pick him.

Lescott had a crap start to the season, but then since he turned his initial form around, he's been decent (as decent as a player can be, in a team as poor as ours!)

It feels that the majority of the abuse is because of that daft car tweet and his stupid excuse afterwards.

• Like 2

I like. Remi, but he's the right manager at the wrong time. Had in come in after MON I'm sure he would have stabilised the ship with the calibre of player we had then.

Now he looks like a fish out of water. Any manager would struggle with some of the dross we currently have. What's most frustrating is picking the same team each week expecting a different result.

I don't think he'll be with us come July.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John said:

I think the club are waiting for Remi to walk out so that they save the money they would have to pay him should they sack him before he does.     

I'm pretty sure a French club will come in for him in the summer so everyone saves face and money.  He'll probably end up managing in European football with Lyon next season while we go from disaster to disaster under a manager we all hate.

Not sure why but managers still seem to get pay offs even when they resign ... Probably as they know where the dodgy deals are buried ??

I think most - maybe all - top managers will have clauses in their contracts requiring their club to maintain a sufficient level of spending and other resources and support, as well as control for the manager over how those are used, to enable him to do his job properly.

Villa couldn't credibly maintain they have done this.

If Garde walked, his lawyers would have a field day on that front and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he got a pay off.

1 hour ago, ClarentInDevon said:

What's most frustrating is picking the same team each week expecting a different result.

Your mistake here is imagining that there is a combination of 11 players on the staff who could get a result

Garde will be here next season (if he wants to be) - hopefully with 6 or 7 of his own players and his preferred coaches

39 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

if he has 6 or 7 of his players here then most will be freebies.

It will depend on who goes and for how much but if it's just freebies available then Garde will walk and I can't see anyone who would bring us back up in that scenario

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I've seen lots of stick for Lescott lately, and people criticising Remi's choice to pick him. Is it all because of that stupid tweet episode? Because I still think he's our best defender, and that's why Remi continues to pick him.

Lescott had a crap start to the season, but then since he turned his initial form around, he's been decent (as decent as a player can be, in a team as poor as ours!)

It feels that the majority of the abuse is because of that daft car tweet and his stupid excuse afterwards.

not just that he had a decent spell of maybe 4 games but since then he went back to his same crap self. Guy has been shocking and the tweet was stupid but irrelevant in scale of things

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm pretty sure a French club will come in for him in the summer so everyone saves face and money.  He'll probably end up managing in European football with Lyon next season while we go from disaster to disaster under a manager we all hate.

Don't tell me that one of Graham Turner, Billy McDuff or Big Eck are coming back. :o 

But whoever might replace Remi should he leave (Bruce, Pearson, Rowett or anyone else) I think we know where the main problem is at our football club and that managers leaving serve nicely to take the heat off the "custodian" and his band of sycophants. New managers are not allowed to manage and are expected to perform with one or both hands tied behind their backs until the time comes for them to take the flak. So it is little wonder that very few of them are able to make any positive let alone a lasting impact.          

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

why would Lyon go for a manager who couldnt get them into Champions League last time he was in charge straight after a debacle at Villa

his old assistant is doing a fine job at Lyon at moment they probably will give him the job

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

why would Lyon go for a manager who couldnt get them into Champions League last time he was in charge straight after a debacle at Villa

his old assistant is doing a fine job at Lyon at moment they probably will give him the job

You're completely overlooking circumstance (unsurprisingly).

Garde is well respected at Lyon, they didn't want him to leave etc.  Would make sense for him to go back there, if the managerial role is available.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

would make sense for him but not for Aulas 

Just checked the table - Lyon are 29 points behind 1st (PSG) and 3 points ahead of 7th.

"His old assistant is doing a fine job" made me think they'd be slightly better off than that.

Just now, bobzy said:

Just checked the table - Lyon are 29 points behind 1st (PSG) and 3 points ahead of 7th.

"His old assistant is doing a fine job" made me think they'd be slightly better off than that.

they were 11th when he took over

Â