The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

48 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Pedantic, I know, but should that petition not say ``fight for us'' rather than``fight with us''?

Both make sense, and don't similarly. Fight with us means fight on our side, and also fight against us, while fight for us means fight on our behalf, but also fight to end of winning us somehow. I think both are equally good or bad. I would probably choose fight with us. So I'm happy pappy. On first reading I understood it to mean what it means. Its intention is clear by the context.

659 supporters now.

Just goes to show that fans are behind Garde because they can sense the difference he has made so far.

It just feels shite because we finally have a decent manager with the most defective board out there.

26 minutes ago, YLN said:

Both make sense, and don't similarly. Fight with us means fight on our side, and also fight against us, while fight for us means fight on our behalf, but also fight to end of winning us somehow. I think both are equally good or bad. I would probably choose fight with us. So I'm happy pappy. On first reading I understood it to mean what it means. Its intention is clear by the context.

I think ``fight for us'' has no ambiguity. But you are right, it is obvious what is meant, I just felt the wording was strange.

I like Garde and I've seen improvements. But I'm not signing a petition for a manager who has won 2 games. I know he's come to the shittest club in the league but I'm still not 100% convinced he's the right man to build something here, although the signs are promising. 

He deserves some sympathy but while I completely detest our owner and pretty much everything about the club that doesn't buy Remi a free pass. 

• Like 4

On 2 February 2016 at 23:54, avfc1982am said:

Think you are missing the point I was trying to make or I didn't explain myself very well. And no one is denying that we let our 4 best players go but we also lost other players in the summer which ensured we needed to bring in a higher number of players to compensate. Plus if the squad is crap anyway, which it was, then would it be the case that we needed more of an invesment than originally laid out? Possibly selling other players who were not up to scratch in the summer? 

As I have said before...The signings, or at least the majority of them have most of the time been our better players this season. Have any of the players already here before the summer truly done anything this season? Because from what I have seen, other than Gil and Okore who have had decent games and contributed the rest have done nothing but cause problems, on and off the pitch.

I thought we brought in decent signings and still do with Amavi, Traore, Ayew, Gana, Veretout, Richards, and even Lescott to a degree. The first 5 will more than likely return their investment in the future and more if we keep hold of and Richards will also give us a monetary return. I was unsure about Gestede, Ilori, Bunn, Crespo and anyone else I have forgotten as I am knackered tbh but none were a huge outlay even though there was obvious waste especially with the Gestede signing as we required more pace and dynamism. The problem was/is the amount of crap we had anyway imo, in Hutton, Clark, Richardson, Guzan, Sanchez, Westwood, Gabby, NZog, Sinclair. Which amounts to approximately...the nucleus of the starting line up.

The table doesn't lie but blaming our troubles on the signings we made last summer isn't all of the picture is it? It doesn't explain lack of quality in the squad we had already, the stupidity of our previous manager earlier in the season, the idiots running the club, the one who owns it and lack of real investment. Especially in this transfer window giving us zero chance of escaping our poition. Plus had we spent all the transfer money on just 4 players we would still possibly be in this situation due to the other 20 odd players in the squad. We needed to replace far more than 4 players imo.  

I didn't say the summer was a raving success either but you just decided to pick a few words in order to make a point without looking at the real issues. I just said I didn't think it was "too bad" and that the problem lay in the lacking of certain attributes within the whole squad not neccessarily all the signings we made. But hey it's just my opinion and to be fair I cocked up myself  thinking we could finish mid to lower table. Not even contemplating relegation. How stupid!

Anyway our destiny was decided 5 years ago mate when Lerner decided he wasn't interested i his toy anymore.

If the point is have we got worse since the summer.....for what ever reason and for who ever is at fault.

then unequivocally we have.

the issue is why?

You can go through the whole squad individually and say they are an improvement....but that opinion has not found its way on to the pitch.

I worry we keep mooting certain players ......they are ok and they are ok.....if most of them were OK......we wouldn't be where we are.

most of them are simply not ok.

• Like 1

Anyone else starting to fear that when/if Rémi Garde walks at the end of the season, Lerner and the board in their infinite wisdom will ses Gary Neville as the perfect replacement?

Just now, sne said:

Anyone else starting to fear that when/if Rémi Garde walks at the end of the season, Lerner and the board in their infinite wisdom will ses Gary Neville as the perfect replacement?

They are thick, granted. But not that thick. Remi all the way for me - this guy will sort us out and in 5 years time we'll be regularly moaning that we're only 7th in the premier league.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Funnily enough when we were looking for managers last season I mooted Neville as a decent possibility IF we were going for unproven managers.

Safe to say I'm a bit more reserved now :D

• Like 1

Rémi, "I had Niall Mason on the bench in the last game - and I will have one or two other young players there this weekend"

Edit. Just said, "I feel a lot of support from the fans. I would like to thank them. The way they behave with us is amazing."

Edited by Gary Thomas

2 hours ago, sne said:

Words can barely describe how far down my list of concerns that possibility is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Gary Megson is probably more in Lerner budget

Personally I wouldn't bother replacing the manager if / when he's gone. The players earn enough to organise themselves. I'd spend the money on some more suits in the boardroom. Nigel Kennedy's mum and that bloke Wilson from Castaway are obvious candidates.

Yeah good stuff about the support from the fans, scary stuff about reviewing his position in the summer. If the board have contrived to lose us a good manager as well as our prem status then we are very much in the shit come the summer. We'd have to find a new manager, new backroom staff and 2/3 of a team in one summer, have them gel in a few weeks to mount a challenge at comign straight back up. For me that's way too big an ask. 

3 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Just watching Remi's press conferences and he was raving about the support he and the team received Tuesday - said it was 'amazing' even after the sending off the support was incredible - seemed to come from the heart as well.  Makes me feel proud to be a Villa fan when I hear that.

Remi has spoken so well about the fans - I really believe the fans have taken to him well

Words can barely describe how far down my list of concerns that possibility is. 

Really?

Since we're already down and Garde will very likely walk, who replaces him is right up there along with who we will keep and what signings (if any ) will we get in the summer

• Like 1

Â