The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Remi has probably built up a lot of trust and friendship with many of the players. To leave, would be to let them down.

I can imagine him going about his job till the end of the season to honour the players and the fans.

He probably doesnt have to speak to SH or TF for the rest of the season so he will just ignore them and stay out of their way.

Respect -> Remi 

• Like 1

My only complaint (and it's not really a complaint) for Garde last night is right at the end of his post match interview (the BT one), Ray Stubbs asked him what he'd say to the Villa fans who think that the club have given up.

I would have loved him to say something like "I haven't given up and the players haven't given up. We'll fight until the end"

Something like that. Would have been quite motivational. But I can understand why he dodged the question.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My only complaint (and it's not really a complaint) for Garde last night is right at the end of his post match interview (the BT one), Ray Stubbs asked him what he'd say to the Villa fans who think that the club have given up.

I would have loved him to say something like "I haven't given up and the players haven't given up. We'll fight until the end"

Something like that. Would have been quite motivational. But I can understand why he dodged the question.

What do you want, an honest, emotive interview or a scripted, media trained speil?

It was clear to me that the players were giving their all last night and after how Remi's been treated by the board (which the players no doubt will have read in the media) his 'not quitting' mantra is motivation in itself.

3 minutes ago, Callum said:

What do you want, an honest, emotive interview or a scripted, media trained speil?

The former. I don't think I was suggesting anything else, was I?

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The former. I don't think I was suggesting anything else, was I?

If Remi whispering a few sweet nothings into the lens is enough to tickle your pickle, then you're a lucky man Stevo985!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Callum said:

If Remi whispering a few sweet nothings into the lens is enough to tickle your pickle, then you're a lucky man Stevo985!

What are you on about?

Edited by Stevo985

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Nice bloke poor manager . I do not accept that w could not have got more points in his time here. I think a leeds or a Fulham would have got more points

I have to disagree Richard.

Yes okay the results are there to see in RG's time here so far, but to be honest I think even Pep Guardiola would even struggle to get a result with this current squad.

I feel there has been slight improvement with this current bunch of lads in RG reign so far, but being led down the garden path by those pricks above him is hardly Garde's fault.

Do I believe he is a good manager? Absolutely.  He has simply came along and picked up the pieces of a team already in shit street and doing everything he can.

I believe with significant backing in January and a few new faces in I think the picture ahead would not look as bleak as what it does now.

Remi kept his part of the bargain by freeing up numbers in offloading a few players and gets nothing but his pants pulled down in return.

I think we have got hold of one of the best possible managers available to us in the situation we are in and yet the board have **** it up with their stupidity.

• Like 4

My hope - and it's shrinking as always with this club - is that Remi will make Hollis / Fox / Lerner sign in blood to back him in the summer, then get on with the rest of the season.  Freeze out the crap, blood a few of the youngsters who look like they've got it and try not to be any more embarrassing than we already are.

In a perfect world, to stop the media speculation that will be raised every week, Remi says he'll be here next season and the club publicly confirm he will be backed to rebuild. Soon.

Even reading that back makes me realise it's about as likely as us scoring again.

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

My hope - and it's shrinking as always with this club - is that Remi will make Hollis / Fox / Lerner sign in blood to back him in the summer, then get on with the rest of the season.  Freeze out the crap, blood a few of the youngsters who look like they've got it and try not to be any more embarrassing than we already are.

In a perfect world, to stop the media speculation that will be raised every week, Remi says he'll be here next season and the club publicly confirm he will be backed to rebuild. Soon.

Even reading that back makes me realise it's about as likely as us scoring again.

To be honest I wouldn't believe another word that comes out of the mouths of RL, TF or SH again!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Nice bloke poor manager . I do not accept that w could not have got more points in his time here. I think a leeds or a Fulham would have got more points

I'd personally say good manager wrong club or at least wrong time.

But I can't disagree another manager might well have picked up more points in the same amount of games. We will neverno.Going forward from this point I'd back Remi all the way.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To be honest I wouldn't believe another word that comes out of the mouths of RL, TF or SH again!

It's a real problem for Randy. He has to keep employing new Krulaks to give the message that 'we' are all hurting and behind the scenes things are changing for the better and nobody feels it more than Randy and previous managers left us in a mess.

I guess we'll eventually get to a point where he has to hire another stuffed suit to trim down the number of apologist stuffed suits he's hired.

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have to disagree Richard.

Yes okay the results are there to see in RG's time here so far, but to be honest I think even Pep Guardiola would even struggle to get a result with this current squad.

I feel there has been slight improvement with this current bunch of lads in RG reign so far, but being led down the garden path by those pricks above him is hardly Garde's fault.

Do I believe he is a good manager? Absolutely.  He has simply came along and picked up the pieces of a team already in shit street and doing everything he can.

I believe with significant backing in January and a few new faces in I think the picture ahead would not look as bleak as what it does now.

Remi kept his part of the bargain by freeing up numbers in offloading a few players and gets nothing but his pants pulled down in return.

I think we have got hold of one of the best possible managers available to us in the situation we are in and yet the board have **** it up with their stupidity.

I dont disagree that the window was a huge let down for him and he was most probably lied to.  I absolutely hold the board and everyone on it in contempt for how they are running Villa.  However,  the lack of tansfer spending did not affect results in November,  December,  and early part of January (actually as the window opened our results got better!).  It is the November and december period where he has failed to get results in games he could have legitimately been expected to get them.  Now January has gone there is of course a ready made excuse but that should not cloud people's memories of the earlier period when he failed.  As I said I would think even mid table championship clubs would have picked up more points than us

Mid table championship clubs probably would pick up more points than us but the reason would be they are run better ,the manager is backed and the team have much more confidence.

Dont forget when R.G. took over we were already bottom and adrift of the rest.

I think the results of November was not long after RG had taken over and was still learning about the squad, installing confidence back into the players and still getting to know the team/club as a whole.

After a few months of RD fitness program has gone into the players you could start to see a little bit of improvement begin to take shape.

Our results in early January should have at that point been complimented with 5/6 faces in the squad and kicked on from there to get out the Rel Zone..

There was 17 games to play at that point and still plenty of points to be had to be sure of escaping the drop, so the theory that no one joined us cause they know we are down already is utter bollocks.

Until we are mathematically relegated or the 'R' appears at the beginning of our name in the league table, there is absolutely no excuse for what has developed in 0 signings.

As usual, everyone can jump on the poor results being the managers fault.

But hey, if you take your car to a good mechanics garage to be repaired, but he no longer is given the tools promised to him by company owner, it is always going to end in a disaster no matter who the mechanic is.

• Like 1

Â