The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

As long as I never have to hear him say " It's my job to win football matches" i'll be happy.

What if he were to say "It's Remi Garde's job to win football matches"?

Talking about yourself in the third person should be a sackable offence in itself.

I hear tonyh, for example, is busy practicing the Marseillais in honour of our new manager. 

:o

There's a guillotine in the post, Marius.

Zut alors! 

• Like 1

Sanchez has been simply woeful since he arrived. 

Really? I thought he was doing relatively okay this season. He was our best player against Palace and we fell apart when he was taken off. And last night he looked like the only Villa player actually doing his job. He's only started five league games. Was he that bad in his other appearances?

I think our back five is the main issue at the moment. Richardson is horrendous. Given last night's performance I really can't see him having a role under Garde. Amavi has to play. Lescott is a liability and Ciaran Clark has had enough chances now I'm afraid. He just isn't up to it. Hopefully Okore can stay fit and get back in the team. Hutton is Hutton. I know RB isn't Bacuna's best position but at least he's comfortable on the ball, which hopefully will be important in the new manager's system. Guzan is a mess but what can we do?

Micah Richards is the only reliable defender at the club right now. Which is funny considering how worried we were about him playing at CB.

And I'm so sick of pundits calling Gestede a handful. He can attack a cross but that's literally all he's done since he got here. He's not even that good in the air. He almost never wins flick-ons from our goal kicks. I can't name a defender he's played against who hasn't bossed him; Smalling and Dann completely dominated him. Calling him a handful is just another example of lazy ex-pros talking s*** when we all know they don't actually watch Villa games.

I don't know whose fault it was that we let the transfer window close without signing a proven goalscorer but I fear it could cost us.

Spot on

• Like 2

Excellent interview, really inspiring. Not in the Tim Sherwood "Lets av it!! I'll get ya outta this mess by the scruff of ya neckz!" way, but in a thoughtful, smart, considered and calm way. I really hope he can get us playing some good football... But more than that, I hope the fans get behind him, and give him the support him and the team will need.

Also, to those of you that have only seen the YouTube clip, the full 10 minute interview is more of the same (which is good!)

I liked the bit at the end of the video when he was walking away from the outside photo shoot, looked at his watch and joked "8 minutes? You did it", with a little smile.

Just daydreaming here, but imagine if we've just found our own Wenger, and he's here for 20 years, bringing us back from oblivion and eventually winning the **** league again, with a couple of Cups thrown in for good measure....European nights....

No pressure from the fans, Remi!

• Like 3

Just daydreaming here, but imagine if we've just found our own Wenger, and he's here for 20 years, bringing us back from oblivion and eventually winning the **** league again, with a couple of Cups thrown in for good measure....European nights....

You never now chap. As greavsy used to say, "its a funny ole game".

• Like 1

I will give him 110% support.

i listened to his first interview and felt it was par for the course.....I will reserve my judgement on what I see rather than what I hear.....that's not a criticism, but I think it is a monumental task He has

i am hoping he can pick a balanced team and secure a modicum of consistency.

it will be difficult is an understatement......I am just hoping he gets a reasonable amount of time, particularly that they are not his players, but he has been tasked to unite them.

i just hope a few reversals don't dampen the spark.....we need to fight our way out of this.

ps just hope he doesn't listen to Kmac for advice

Let's just start with 3 points as an opener.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â