The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I'm excited with this appointment, it was the kind I didn't think we'd make. I needed it because a Pearson type after Sherwood and Lambert would probably have done me in. I was on the brink of not going anymore, I chose not to watch the Chelsea game and chose playing football over watching the game last night. I'll be there on the weekend although can't see anything but a loss for that game. I'd be so much more excited with this appointment if things were different at the top, regardless of how good he is, I don't think any manager could get this team in that top half with the way we're run and the extremely low ambitions we have. I really hope we get taken over so this type of managerial appointment isn't wasted with 3 years of standing still and trying to survive. 

Duverune is done now. Metz have said on their website so it's just the Lyon Coaches now. 

This was the biggest deal for me. Excellent news.

i think i've missed something.... who is this?   not one of the two Lyon coaches?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1367156/French-fitness-coach-Robert-Duverne-centre-Aston-Villa-row.html

Robert Duverne has been named as the man at the centre of Aston Villa's infighting as defensive duo James Collins and Richard Dunne are set to discover the extent of their punishment for being involved in a row with coaching staff during a team bonding day.

The French fitness coach was caught up in the storm of France's bitter 2010 World Cup fallout after his bust-up with Patrice Evra in South Africa last summer.

And it understood the 43-year-old, who arrived at Villa Park when Gerard Houllier took charge earlier this season, came under extraordinary criticism from Dunne over his strict training methods during a alcohol-fuelled rant during a meal at the luxury Champney's Spa resort in Leicestershire.

'Many of the squad are happy with how Duverne has improved their fitness and match sharpness,' a source close to the club, told The Sun.

'But some of the other players have complained continuously about extra runs at the end of sessions and gruelling tasks within the season.

Bring it on.

We don't want French being spoken in the dressing room....

guess the English players won't be needing those lessons after all

Who was it that had this at the bottom of their avatar a few years back?  Bicks?

weird thing I know, but I enjoyed how he is talking for 3 minutes, but it really feels like he was just talking for 20 seconds, a good sign of a man who knows how to talk well. I am defiantly excited. 

Dude, if you want to be excited, no one can tell you not to be.

• Like 4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZUKEVU-TwM

That was always Wenger's rule from his first day at Arsenal so not surprised.

J'aime ton avatar nouveau, Trent. 

I'm assuming this rule doesn't apply to us fans, of course, who are keen to embrace our new French identity. I hear tonyh, for example, is busy practicing the Marseillais in honour of our new manager. 

• Like 1

I'm assuming this rule doesn't apply to us fans, of course, who are keen to embrace our new French identity. I hear tonyh, for example, is busy practicing the Marseillais in honour of our new manager. 

No practise required for Tony, cut him in half and he bleeds cheese.

• Like 3

I warmed a little to the French ever since they cheated Ireland out the World Cup ... But I'm not going that far 

• Like 1

Â