The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Not Richards for me, he's an incredibly self centered player with a vastly over-estimated view of his own capabilities.

If Gana has his head on right, him, or maybe vertout if Remi knows him well enough. No more of this old guard English nonsense, a good spring cleansing is what is needed, and that clown Sherwood was not up to the task.

Not Richards for me, he's an incredibly self centered player with a vastly over-estimated view of his own capabilities.

If Gana has his head on right, him, or maybe vertout if Remi knows him well enough. No more of this old guard English nonsense, a good spring cleansing is what is needed, and that clown Sherwood was not up to the task.

Veretout captain??????? the man who has done bugger all since he arrived!  yeah okay :wacko:

Changing now might not be the best plan. I think remain with Richards or if you're gonna change it, go for someone who can command the game. I like Bacuna or Ayew for it.

Veretout captain??????? the man who has done bugger all since he arrived!  yeah okay :wacko:

Don't over-react, my point is that I'm not a fan of the current man and change is needed. That Veretout has done nothing under the previous moron means feck all to me. He's clearly been one of the leading French midfielders in his age group thus far and Sherwood is a known idiot.

That, outside of Richards and Gabby (shudder!), we have such a lack of obvious supposed leaders in the squad is a real worry.

I think there is a great benefit to the clean slate of a new captain.  The problem is, it needs to be someone that will start nearly every match.  I can't think of anyone who would fit the bill other than Richards.  Gil, or Sinclair maybe?  Hard to make someone who has played so little, and been considered "fringe" the captain.  

So you want to give the captaincy to someone who hasn't learnt English yet or a 22 year old? Well thought out!

I think keep Richards for now, but maybe make one of the French lads a deputy captain, and drop Gabby from his role as club captain...it's not like he justifies the role.

just look at his so called heat map from last night.

image.jpeg

Edited by dukes

There's only Richards and Guzan as options for now - first choice, experienced etc.  I'd stick with Richards. (and make him learn french).

(Just checking back at premier league appearances across the squad and it's complete lolz.)

I was sceptical about it at the time but making Richards captain is one of the few things Sherwood got right this season. He's lead by example on the pitch.

Edited by Isa

Personally the whole debate over the captaincy is in it's entirety, nonsense! Bar Gana all the other French lads are I believe under 24, only Ayew can speak clear English, and non have played premiership football previously or lived here for more than 5 min. The mind boggles at some of the comments on here at times.

Richards is the only clear candidate at the moment. Not Clark, Lescott, Richardson, Westwood or Gabby or any of the new players are better options. And on top of that he is out of the senior players the only one that should be starting at the moment. He has led by example this season and been very good for us and done absolutely nothing to warrant losing his captaincy.

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 3

Richards. I know he's outspoken, but he's got the fire. He leads by example and I can imagine he's no trouble ripping in when necessary. I like his character and I like him as a player.

Its ok ripping in if you know what you are talking about. He is out of position so often telling other what to do and where to be might not be the best idea.

Â