New manager

KJT123

The whole thing is beginning to stink of the complete mess they made during the Houllier appointment.

An extra three weeks delay is not really something we should even be considering. Either he wants it, or he doesn't. End of.

What? Sherwood's been gone for 3 days FFS.

My comment is on the Sky report regarding being three weeks without a manager.

Are you of the opinion that should this report be correct (which let's face it would be a surprise) that three weeks, with the club where it is, with the amount of points it has, is an OK time to spend waiting for someone with no experience of managing in the situation we find ourselves in?

I hate to break it to you but Sky Sports isn't gospel. Let's wait and see first.

It's no good asking me......I wanted o'neill and Sherwood.

unless you listen to the interviews how on earth can you tell....unless it's just gut feeling and what help is that.

i really hope they get it right this time.....I just hope the importance of this next appointment us put in to some perspective at board level......and if they know they have the right man ear marked, don't let him slip.

don't spoil the ship for a ha' Penth of tar.

if he's the right man get him.

Why can't he come on his own, if he is this great why not employ other back room staff,

To be fair, there is a very distinct possibility whoever takes this job now could have a relegation on their CV come May.

If it was me, I would want every assurance that I had everything I need to make sure that doesn't happen. If for Garde that means bringing in staff he trusts, it seems pretty reasonable to me.

• Like 1

This is turning into a complete pantomime again. We are bottom of the  league  with a very poor squad.So what do we do go looking for a French manager who has a modest reputation in France.

Why we would risk the future of our club like this? Why haven't we approached David Moyes or Brendan Rodgers who have worked in the English premier successfully .

in my opinion the route we are taking is high risk gamble that we do not have to take!!!

It's not a pantomime yet! No one knows if we haven't already approached Moyes, Rogers or whoever, It's all speculation at the moment. Both may have turned us down for all anyone knows.

For the record Garde doesn't have a modest reputation in France. Looking at reports his reputation is of a quality tactician who has a habit(however early into his career) of getting the best out of youth and stabilising a team. Exactly what we need imo. Whether that person is French, Italian, German or British etc is completely irrelevant at this point in time. British managers haven't exactly lit up VP with their brand of football in recent times.  

The whole thing is beginning to stink of the complete mess they made during the Houllier appointment.

An extra three weeks delay is not really something we should even be considering. Either he wants it, or he doesn't. End of.

Are you of the opinion that should this report be correct (which let's face it would be a surprise) that three weeks, with the club where it is, with the amount of points it has, is an OK time to spend waiting for someone with no experience of managing in the situation we find ourselves in?

I hate to break it to you but Sky Sports isn't gospel. Let's wait and see first.

If you had actually read my post, you'd know you wouldn't be breaking it to me.

Thanks for not answering my question though. 

• Like 1

Mcinally talking some utter shite on SSN, moaning about young English managers not getting a chance

Said it before and will no doubt say it again, people who don't watch us every week with an opinion that's not based on the football we were playing

• Like 1

What's the point in answering a question which is purely speculation? It's been 3 days not 3 weeks.

What's the point in answering a question which is purely speculation? It's been 3 days not 3 weeks.

Just wondered what your opinion on it would be should the report be correct,  seeing as this is a discussion board and you felt strongly enough to reply to me in such a slightly put out way with what I'd said. Doesn't matter though if you don't wish to share your opinion.

• Like 1

Why can't he come on his own, if he is this great why not employ other back room staff,

Ridiculous logic.

This isn't FM.

Ridiculous logic.

This isn't FM.

Ridiculous logic.

This isn't FM.

Ok let's wait and give the teams above a bit more of a head start, normally when you sack someone in this business you have some one in the wings ready to step in!