New manager

KJT123

God Almighty, just seen a Villa fan interviewed on Sky Sports News who reckons there will be rebellion if Remi Garde arrives and that the fans want someone like Nigel Pearson.  Really?

Never trust vox pop, especially from an outlet with an agenda.  They can interview 20 people and cherry pick the most controversial and/or idiotic one to broadcast.  If for example they don't want Villa getting a good manager they can try whatever in their power to influence it by creating the perception he'd be an unpopular appointment.

Hopefully this gets all wrapped up before the weekend.

• Like 4

God Almighty, just seen a Villa fan interviewed on Sky Sports News who reckons there will be rebellion if Remi Garde arrives and that the fans want someone like Nigel Pearson.  Really?

When Lambert was sacked they did a similar thing, picking people around New Street and asking them who should take over.

I saw an acquaintance of my brother on midlands today around that time. He said he wanted Klinsmann for the Villa job.

However he failed to mention that he supported Wolves.

• Like 2

Nah, you're just messing around. I simply refuse to believe that actually happened.

Nah, you're just messing around. I simply refuse to believe that actually happened.

Probably planted by Sky Bet

• Like 2

Really don't know where they find these  villa fans from!

I said in a previous thread that I believed villa were in no rush to appoint a manager and I expected that they wouldn't name any one till towards the back end of next week, I've always expected new man to be unveiled at man city game and start on the Monday with international break.

Really don't know where they find these  villa fans from!

SHA that's where

• Like 1

When Lambert was sacked they did a similar thing, picking people around New Street and asking them who should take over.

I saw an acquaintance of my brother on midlands today around that time. He said he wanted Klinsmann for the Villa job.

However he failed to mention that he supported Wolves.

A late and great mate of mine from my time in north london who was a full on gooner, went down to white hart lane (we lived like 5 mins walk away at the time) specifically to slate Klinnsmann and say he'd let the fans, the club etc. down by going and he should be ashamed. got on the telly. all spurs fans idolised him at the time as some sort of god. then there was the pissing on the center circle incident...

• Like 1

long? it's been 3 days since Sherwood left. If it's two weeks then fair enough. No need to panic yet.

Its not the fact that its been 3 days its the fact that the board obviously knew about Sherwoods position being at risk and they obviously had a number 1 candidate In mind so you would have thought the whole thing to just smoothly happen. But this is villa so of course not!

long? it's been 3 days since Sherwood left. If it's two weeks then fair enough. No need to panic yet.

Its not the fact that its been 3 days its the fact that the board obviously knew about Sherwoods position being at risk and they obviously had a number 1 candidate In mind so you would have thought the whole thing to just smoothly happen. But this is villa so of course not!

There might be a deal more or less done but they want tonight out of the way first, it is typical villa, tight lipped and lots of guessing

Don't forget we've got the extra days this weekend too

There might be a deal more or less done but they want tonight out of the way first, it is typical villa, tight lipped and lots of guessing

Don't forget we've got the extra days this weekend too

Nah you'd atleast be seeing some reports of ti being close from someone, my guess is it isn't anywhere near being sorted and i'd be surprised if a week from today were still waiting for confirmation.

The whole thing is beginning to stink of the complete mess they made during the Houllier appointment.

An extra three weeks delay is not really something we should even be considering. Either he wants it, or he doesn't. End of.

The whole thing is beginning to stink of the complete mess they made during the Houllier appointment.

An extra three weeks delay is not really something we should even be considering. Either he wants it, or he doesn't. End of.

What? Sherwood's been gone for 3 days FFS.

• Like 2

What? Sherwood's been gone for 3 days FFS.

My comment is on the Sky report regarding being three weeks without a manager.

Are you of the opinion that should this report be correct (which let's face it would be a surprise) that three weeks, with the club where it is, with the amount of points it has, is an OK time to spend waiting for someone with no experience of managing in the situation we find ourselves in?

Let's wait to see if that's true before labelling the situation as a complete mess. You're basing your opinion on a hypothetical with the assumption that Pete Colley is correct, when he rarely is.