New manager

KJT123

Garde could really turn me round from giving up and accepting relegation. I just can't see it though.

I can. We won't have just sacked Sherwood and  then begun to think about who is going to replace him.

This process will have been going on for some time-As was the case with both Liverpool and Sunderland recently. Teams don't make rash decisions without knowing what they'll do next.

• Like 1

See my posts below from Ferbuary regarding Remi Garde before we signed Sherwood. I believe we tried to sign him before but for whatever reason he turned us down and  that Sherwood was second choice. I would be absolutely delighted if this guy became our manager. 

Posted 12 February · Report post

On 12 February 2015 13:51:04, P3te said:

On 12 February 2015 13:47:00, MikeMcKenna said:

I am going to stick my neck out and say we are in for Remi Garde.

Partly based on Richards "hint" but also because Garde's reported decision a few weeks ago to hold off the Newcastle job till the summer didn't make sense UNLESS, Tom Fox tipped him the wink that Lamberts position could become open.

Fox would have either known him or of him via Wenger when he was , at one point was discussed as a DOF at Arsenal.

Wenger is said to rate Garde very highly and he sounds very like a chip off the Wenger block, ambitious and very much his own man:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/rmi-who-garde-tipped-to-succeed-old-boss-arsne-wenger-8418346.html

A long shot maybe but it wouldn't surprise me given the Fox/Wenger link and Garde turning down the Newcastle job.

Would Garde come to us? I mean, he ticks all the boxes, for sure, but he's got 14 games left of the season over there and winning the league would be absolutely huge. Would he leave that for us?

Another link is "Houllier" and despite what happened subsequently, no one expected his appointment at Villa.

Searching further I came up with the following discussing Garde's tactics - I think he would be perfect

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

• Like 2

Garde could really turn me round from giving up and accepting relegation. I just can't see it though.

I can. We won't have just sacked Sherwood and  then begun to think about who is going to replace him.

This process will have been going on for some time-As was the case with both Liverpool and Sunderland recently. Teams don't make rash decisions without knowing what they'll do next.

Excuse me, you are talking about the team that appointed McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood so 'rash decisions r us' is the current motto.

• Like 2

Only just started supporting Aston Villa today? Rash decisions and Aston Villa go hand in hand.

Excuse me, you are talking about the team that appointed McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood so 'rash decisions r us' is the current motto.

Two of them were decisions made in close seasons, the third was made prior to Lambert being sacked. They may not have been the right decisions (in hindsight) but none of them were rash.

Lets just accept our fate and appoint Merson.

I've never known an ex player hate us so much. 

Merson? Some of things he says in blind defense of us are ridiculous, I wouldn't say he hated us by any stretch.

imo, he is a first class sausage jockey....listen to what he says, clearly shows contempt to all things Villa

Indeed, but if they did that, then the pay off to the outgoing manager will also need to include something to stop them suing for constructive dismissal.

See my posts below from Ferbuary regarding Remi Garde before we signed Sherwood. I believe we tried to sign him before but for whatever reason he turned us down and  that Sherwood was second choice. I would be absolutely delighted if this guy became our manager. 

Posted 12 February · Report post

I am going to stick my neck out and say we are in for Remi Garde.

Partly based on Richards "hint" but also because Garde's reported decision a few weeks ago to hold off the Newcastle job till the summer didn't make sense UNLESS, Tom Fox tipped him the wink that Lamberts position could become open.

Fox would have either known him or of him via Wenger when he was , at one point was discussed as a DOF at Arsenal.

Wenger is said to rate Garde very highly and he sounds very like a chip off the Wenger block, ambitious and very much his own man:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/rmi-who-garde-tipped-to-succeed-old-boss-arsne-wenger-8418346.html

A long shot maybe but it wouldn't surprise me given the Fox/Wenger link and Garde turning down the Newcastle job.

Would Garde come to us? I mean, he ticks all the boxes, for sure, but he's got 14 games left of the season over there and winning the league would be absolutely huge. Would he leave that for us?

Another link is "Houllier" and despite what happened subsequently, no one expected his appointment at Villa.

Searching further I came up with the following discussing Garde's tactics - I think he would be perfect

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Would love to read such an article on Sherwood xD would be fun.  

Actually being linked to a manager that understands tactics makes me extremely excited !

Two of them were decisions made in close seasons, the third was made prior to Lambert being sacked. They may not have been the right decisions (in hindsight) but none of them were rash.

An example of rash used as an adjective is a rash decision, a decision made without any consideration of the consequences.

i'm sure we have been but what does that matter? We could have been thinking about mourinho for weeks but doesn't mean he would want to come.

• Like 1

i'm sure we have been but what does that matter? We could have been thinking about mourinho for weeks but doesn't mean he would want to come.

Part of the process would have been to sound out agents etc, to gauge interest. The fact we are in talks with this guy suggests to me that we have been told he would welcome an approach.

Is it not fair to say whoever we get in as manager would be a gamble?  Apart from maybe Moyes but it's unlikely he will come really.  

The safe bet was Fat Sam but we let him go.  

Edited by PieFacE

I think there is a very good chance that something is happening. The fact that the press in France have got wind of it points to that as well. We won't just have been "thinking" about the next manager, contact will have been made to gauge the other parties interest.

• Like 1