New manager

KJT123

Garde could really turn me round from giving up and accepting relegation. I just can't see it though.

I can. We won't have just sacked Sherwood and  then begun to think about who is going to replace him.

This process will have been going on for some time-As was the case with both Liverpool and Sunderland recently. Teams don't make rash decisions without knowing what they'll do next.

i'm sure we have been but what does that matter? We could have been thinking about mourinho for weeks but doesn't mean he would want to come.

I think there is a very good chance that something is happening. The fact that the press in France have got wind of it points to that as well. We won't just have been "thinking" about the next manager, contact will have been made to gauge the other parties interest.

As I have said, I think we tried to get him before Fox>Wenger>Garde but he turned us down because he left Lyon at the end of 13/14 saying he was taking a year off to be with his family. That year was up at the end of 14/15 . If true it would explain why this could be happening quickly. 

• Like 1

Garde could really turn me round from giving up and accepting relegation. I just can't see it though. 

I can. We won't have just sacked Sherwood and  then begun to think about who is going to replace him.

This process will have been going on for some time-As was the case with both Liverpool and Sunderland recently. Teams don't make rash decisions without knowing what they'll do next.

Excuse me, you are talking about the team that appointed McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood so 'rash decisions r us' is the current motto.

Two of them were decisions made in close seasons, the third was made prior to Lambert being sacked. They may not have been the right decisions (in hindsight) but none of them were rash.

An example of rash used as an adjective is a rash decision, a decision made without any consideration of the consequences.

Excuse me, you are talking about the team that appointed McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood so 'rash decisions r us' is the current motto.

Two of them were decisions made in close seasons, the third was made prior to Lambert being sacked. They may not have been the right decisions (in hindsight) but none of them were rash.

An example of rash used as an adjective is a rash decision, a decision made without any consideration of the consequences.

Lambert was certainly not a rash decision Sherwood too achieved his remit by keeping us up. McLeish, you could argue that there wasn't enough thought taken into his BCFC connections however, I have read people on here recently claim that Gary Rowett would be a good shout for next Villa manager. I think the McLeish reaction was more about his reputation of playing dull football than it was his Blues connection. Again, you could argue that someone who had got them to such a high PL finish and won them a cup was anything but a rash decision.

i'm sure we have been but what does that matter? We could have been thinking about mourinho for weeks but doesn't mean he would want to come.

I think there is a very good chance that something is happening. The fact that the press in France have got wind of it points to that as well. We won't just have been "thinking" about the next manager, contact will have been made to gauge the other parties interest.

As I have said, I think we tried to get him before Fox>Wenger>Garde but he turned us down because he left Lyon at the end of 13/14 saying he was taking a year off to be with his family. That year was up at the end of 14/15 . If true it would explain why this could be happening quickly. 

And happening before we too far cut adrift to give him a chance.

Would have preferred rowett .

bonjour

Why? Doing a good job for a CL team is not necessarily evidence that he could make it in the PL. 

Certainly looks like promising young Manager, and I suppose any appointment has risks attached. I would worry though that from Burton Albion to a PL relegation battle in 18 months or so may be to big a jump at this moment in time.