Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

If there is nothing solid in sight during next week we will know we are fooked. The club should have these lined up ready for midnight. They can't mass around waiting for other interested parties to pitch, they are going to have to pay over the odds to close deals, thats the price of penny pinching in the summer. 

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Outside of a good season at Verona has Iturbe ever done anything? I actually don't expect him to pull up any trees, I think he's a bit lightweight for this league but we will see.

The 1st of the new Messi's that will not do anything except be small, lightweight and Argentinian 

think they would learn from 20 years of next Maradona's :P

23 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hopefully Garde has an ace up his sleeve. 

Insert picture of grant holt cheerfully holding up villa shirt here

Edited by Jimzk5

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

If there is nothing solid in sight during next week we will know we are fooked. The club should have these lined up ready for midnight.

We are relegated already, there's no point panic buying now when we have 8 points from 19 games. We should just make signings that fit in with life in the championship.

26 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We are relegated already, there's no point panic buying now when we have 8 points from 19 games. We should just make signings that fit in with life in the championship.

I keep seeing this. But if we sign championship players, we'll stay in the championship. We need to keep aiming on the premiership and make sure we get back to it before the parachute payments run out. We still need to buy / loan quality. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MuleAthon said:

Surely the solution is sign players on premier league wages with a 50% pay drop if we go down?

but no agent will accept that contract especially as we are as good as gone

Actually no team has avoided relegation after having only 7 pts at xmas.

7 pts is also the equal lowest pts tally at xmas in the prem era.

Unless we plan to set a positive record (for a change) then i think we are doomed...

Luckily we have 8 pts then B)

Hate to break it to you but at xmas we had 7 pts. The 8th cane on boxing day which is after xmas...

But im sure you knew that already

we shouldn't be signing championship quality players, we should be signing premiership quality players that will accept spending one season in the championship, believe or not, there is players that will do this (although who i have no idea!)

the one (of many) frustrating things about this club, is they always leave it late in every transfer window to get signings in, why? lets get business done, who is this transfer commitee?

• Like 2