Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

What Championship player is going to wa want to come to us in January, if you're playing for a promotion chasing team then they'd rather stick it out and see if they get promoted. We on the other hand have privilege of just playing a couple of premier league games before going down. Granted some of these may want to come to us in summer, but in January..you'd be nuts!

1 minute ago, supermon said:

What Championship player is going to wa want to come to us in January, if you're playing for a promotion chasing team then they'd rather stick it out and see if they get promoted. We on the other hand have privilege of just playing a couple of premier league games before going down. Granted some of these may want to come to us in summer, but in January..you'd be nuts!

Fair point. I'd love us to sign Afobe from Wolves. However why would he come here when we're dead and buried, whilst Wolves are in with a shout to go up. 

Today re-affirmed something we have all known for a long time, if you buy any player make sure it's someone who can put the ball in the net, Sunderland were dog toffee today but Defoe didn't do anything but put the ball in the net twice, why o why didn't we buy a decent striker, who ever we get now I believe it's too late but a striker is an absolute must, and one with a proven record.

Our forwards don't make runs into the box - probably as they've been so used to Hutton's woeful crossing. Adama put a lovely cross in, but no one gambled on attacking the near post.

At the other end, they had Defoe that does just that. One touch followed by a shot, and he was the difference between two shite teams. 

Along with a new keeper, a good finisher on-loan (Remy would be amazing, if looking unlikely) and we might be able to restore some dignity - if not quite save us from the drop. We finished the game with Kozak and Gestede on the pitch, but imagine if that was Ayew and Remy.

Edited by StanBalaban

New GK

Bacuna    Okore    Lescott   Aly

Jedinak   Gana

Veretout

Gil    Ayew

Remy  

With Traore coming on before the hour mark like he did today, if we need to shake things up. Lescott and Okore looked alright when playing together. Obviously, Jedinak and Remy probably won't want to come here, but they may want gametime on loan if their clubs allow it.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

What's Melberg up to nowadays? Ok he might be 38 and retired but he could probably defend better than the shower we currently have. 

Just taken over as manager at Swedish 3rd division side Brommapojkarna

I don't think that there's any point in spending money to loan Remy any more. His goals won't keep us up so why not give a chance to a youth teamer and see what they've made of. Will create a bit of extra money for us both on money saved and possible future tf fees on the player as premiership experience will be added to their cv. Who knows they may even come good

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Crucial window . Deals need to be spot on or it will take another two or three years to correct the mistakes made this window

Totally agree here! If Gestede wants to stay and help get us out of the Championship how about Bamford as a loan to play with him? Surely enough goals in the pair of them? We also need a confident goalkeeper and a quality holding midfielder.

This thread has become depressing.

Last time I looked it was "what premiership player is going to come to us?

Now its "what championship player is going to come to us"?

We'll be down to the Conference by 31st January.

For me at least, I'm past caring now. 2 points from a potential 12 over Xmas has confirmed that we're just not good enough.

GK, RB and a winger, should be prioritized in Jan.

I assume Ayew will be bought by a top 6 club in the summer as he's really looking like a player. Rudi should do a job in the champo, but another striker will be necessary.

If we hang on to Amavi we'll be in business. Okore/Clark/Lescott will be ok for champo level, but another CB may be required in the summer, Baker could work here. I personally think we want rid of Richards as I don't see him as having the right attitude if we really want to grow/recover.

We'll probably be ok in midfield as Westwood/Sanchez and Veretout should be able to mix with the best mids down there. Though an extra body or two to maybe dump Sanchez and/or Westy to the bench or get rid would be good.

Am I crazy thinking that our players can compete at champo level?

5 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

This thread has become depressing.

Last time I looked it was "what premiership player is going to come to us?

Now its "what championship player is going to come to us"?

We'll be down to the Conference by 31st January.

For me at least, I'm past caring now. 2 points from a potential 12 over Xmas has confirmed that we're just not good enough.

I care. I've accepted a while back we are down but I care because I don't want relegation from the championship next season and make no mistake this current squad WILL not do much in the championship and can quite easily be in the bottom half.

For me it's simple you start to build for the championship using this window as a platform for it. Byram, Afobe etc.

People say why would they come here and it's a valid argument but it takes or two good solid transfers to springboard a competitive window ready for the championship.

I would also sell in this window. Sell as many as possible as this spine certainly needs ripping apart.

We are an absolute mess make no mistake but we are still quite attractive compared to some of the clubs in the championship in my opinion.

Do I have faith in this current setup? No not really but do I believe if we prepare for the championship now we stand a chance next season? Absolutely.

Premier League is the big time, I disagree with a previous post saying that championship players wouldn't come. They would, the chance to play even half a season in the premier league would be a huge plus. We should use it to attract the best in that league this windows before we're scrapping with the others in the summer.

We need to use the fact that we already know our destiny to our advantage. 

Edited by Genie