Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

Abortion: PROTECT THE CHILDREN! We will do whatever it takes to protect the lives of children. No matter the cost, those children's lives must be protected at all costs!

Gun laws: thoughts and prayers

• Like 2

It's also never the time and the place, and how dare people politicise such a tragedy.

Someone tried to blow up a plane with a shoe bomb and a day later the world changed how we fly, forever.

Edited by StefanAVFC

America, and (some) Americans are making a choice. They are choosing to sacrifice hundreds and hundreds of children every year to protect their right to own a gun.

it is **** mental

Oh, and guess what else?

The 'good guys with guns' were too cowardly to stop the guy, or go in whilst he was running around shooting children. Even doing their best police work stopping parents finding their kids. All whilst carrying huge guns of course.

It's beyond a parody. In 50 years time, the next generation will be awestruck.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Sad 1

I genuinely feel like the best way to ensure gun control laws get implemented in the US is to ensure that ethnic minorities buy as many military-grade assault rifles as possible - and it should be obvious as to why that is.

Apparently, that's is actually happening. Left-leaning people and ethnic minorities are responsible for a lot of the growth in firearms sales in recent years (although whether or not they are buying assault rifles the article didn't say).

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's also never the time and the place, and how dare people politicise such a tragedy.

Indeed. Too soon to talk about the latest tragedy, thoughts and prayers, etc. The one before that? It's in the past. Move on. Would you like a pen?

As to it being impossible to deal with the sheer number of firearms in the US via legislation - it's far from impossible if there's the political will to do it. If ownership of a certain class of weapons was made illegal and a buyback scheme was established, I guarantee you 90% of those weapons would be voluntarily returned within a few years. Not many people want to own something that is actively illegal.

And it'd be perfectly possible to maintain use of high-powered rifles for hunting purposes even under such a system. You'd just need a permit for it with appropriate background checks, and probably membership of a hunting club. I think the UK has similar rules for people in shooting clubs being able to own shotguns.

You don't need high-capacity magazines to go hunting anyway. If anything above a 5-round magazine is illegal, shooting up a school with your dad's AR-15 is going to kill a lot less people.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Abortion: PROTECT THE CHILDREN! We will do whatever it takes to protect the lives of children. No matter the cost, those children's lives must be protected at all costs!

Gun laws: thoughts and prayers

They're the same though 

You were raped and now pregnant that's part of God's plan so you can't have an abortion because thats you playing god

Children shot and killed is also just part of God's plan, pray that they're with him now up there somewhere

Don't they ever stop to think this plan of his makes him sound a bit of a word removed 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They're the same though 

You were raped and now pregnant that's part of God's plan so you can't have an abortion because thats you playing god

Children shot and killed is also just part of God's plan, pray that they're with him now up there somewhere

Don't they ever stop to think this plan of his makes him sound a bit of a word removed 

an in between being born and being shot you also have being gay/trans/black which is also not in gods plan

i thought we had some arseholes over here but it could be worse

🙄

TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING BULLETPROOF BACKPACKS IN HIGH DEMAND

635619e9fa614447b4e06396f742a375_md.jpg63fb9f2f37f84199aef39aeff7ee4958_md.jpg

Parents are doing anything to keep their kids safe on the heels of another school mass shooting -- and that means an all-new run on bulletproof backpacks.

Former Secret Service agent, Mike De Geus, is the founder and CEO of Leatherback Gear, and he says his company has seen an 800% spike in sales for their fortified knapsacks since Tuesday's shooting in Uvalde, Texas.

We're told most of the sales are for a $249.99 Sport One Jr. backpack that separates into two pieces, creating a bulletproof vest in seconds, covering the user's front and back.

Mike says the backpack was designed with active shootings in mind.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/05/26/bulletproof-backpack-sales-spike-wake-texas-school-shooting/

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Maybe the constitution needs updating. 

Why? I mean it's crystal clear what is written there and could be in way misconstrued.

Was shopping in a Wal Mart store a few years back. Was perusing the sports goods section, looking at Baseball, Basketball etc. Next to the basketballs was a glass case, looked in, it was hand guns, including a magnum,, ala Dirty Harry……..**** insane. 

The biggest problem i think is if they ban guns hiw the hell do you get all the guns off people? There is no determining how many guys x person has and the person that lives next door etc.

Yes some will give up their arms but i thinks going to be very very hard to take guns off everyone 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The biggest problem i think is if they ban guns hiw the hell do you get all the guns off people? There is no determining how many guys x person has and the person that lives next door etc.

Yes some will give up their arms but i thinks going to be very very hard to take guns off everyone 

I agree, but they need to take the first step first.

Make guns much harder to acquire. Then looks at how to get as many of the current ones out of circulation, it will take decades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They can buy them off people, that is the ones who will voluntarily give them up.

They could also allow people to hand over their guns with no questions asked on their legality.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree, but they need to take the first step first.

Make guns much harder to acquire. Then looks at how to get as many of the current ones out of circulation, it will take decades.

Yea i agree with the making it harder to attain. However if i was a guessing man i would guess that a majority of the states already has at least one gun per household

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Oh, and guess what else?

The 'good guys with guns' were too cowardly to stop the guy, or go in whilst he was running around shooting children. Even doing their best police work stopping parents finding their kids. All whilst carrying huge guns of course.

It's beyond a parody. In 50 years time, the next generation will be awestruck.

This actually breaks my heart. 

Â