The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

On 20/03/2021 at 23:01, Xela said:

There is a vote in the HoC on Monday to add the McPartland-Smith amendment to the Fire Safety Bill, which will protect leaseholders from ruinous costs due to shoddy building of flats. The initial bill passed without debating the amendment but was defeated by the Lords and sent back to the Commons to vote on the amendment. 

All opposition MPs will be supporting the amendment I believe, and a small number of tories as well, but every vote counts. This could save the financial future of hundreds of thousands of leaseholders 

The Tories voted to remove the amendment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Its a blow @markavfc40, but sort of expected. Needed far more tories to rebel. My MP, who said in an email to me that he agrees that leaseholders shouldn't pay, seemingly didn't vote or abstained. I'll be emailing him asking for his comments.

The official tory line is that this bill, the Fire Safety Bill, isn't the 'appropriate' place to detail this issue, yet the bill itself, just strengthens the position of the landlord/freeholder to pass all costs onto leaseholders. On that basis, it would seem to be the perfect bill to address this scandal. 

The fight continues. 

• Like 4

We need a successful Guy Fawkes moment now or this country is doomed. I can’t see a future where people vote these corrupt evil bastards out. The country has a majority of racist, I’m alright jack nasty people that celebrate being a word removed. The government and the majority that vote for it are a reflection of each other. I dread the future living in this country as a working class person. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

The government and the majority that vote for it are a reflection of each other

Plurality, not majority. 

It'll carry on until the majority who aren't pricks and have split themselves into half a dozen "not pricks" parties get bored of losing to the pricks. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Are these people for real?

The thing around flags is getting really really weird. It must be a clear tactic of sorts from the Tories. They must have been advised to push this sort of thing. It's very National Front to be honest.

I quite like Tim Davie's response to the question though ("it's a strange metric to measure patriotism" or something similar) but part of me wishes he'd been a bit fiercer in his dismissal of it as a question or an issue. "it's an offical Annual Report, not a propaganda flyer for Brexit"

The absolute worst outcome is the next BBC report or whatever it was is now emblazoned with union flags. I hope they stand their ground. It's **** ridiculous

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

We need a successful Guy Fawkes moment now or this country is doomed.

Traitor. And where's your flag you Britain hating subversive? To the Tower with you! and off with your head.

Seriously, what you want is never, ever, going to happen. In the same way that this creeping awfulness has built over the last 10 or 11 years or so, the only way it'll actually get reversed is over a similar timescale. It might not be want we want, but it's the way the world works. The hard bit is the initial change of direction. Once that happens, and it only needs to be a relatively minor thing that triggers it, the rest will (possibly) follow. It's just getting the initial change of direction that I think efforts need to concentrate on, not overthrowing the whole system. Because once one thing has changed, it will get used as the impetus for the next thing.

Places where there have been Guy Fawkes moments - how much better off are any of them? The only exception I can think of is the fall of the Berlin wall, and the benefits that had for East Germany, but even then for a long time they were no better off in practical terms. Change looks fast, but is always slow.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The thing around flags is getting really really weird. It must be a clear tactic of sorts from the Tories. They must have been advised to push this sort of thing. It's very National Front to be honest.

I quite like Tim Davie's response to the question though ("it's a strange metric to measure patriotism" or something similar) but part of me wishes he'd been a bit fiercer in his dismissal of it as a question or an issue. "it's an offical Annual Report, not a propaganda flyer for Brexit"

The absolute worst outcome is the next BBC report or whatever it was is now emblazoned with union flags. I hope they stand their ground. It's **** ridiculous

Ew6yaP1XAAEka2B?format=jpg&name=small

The only major difference I can see is that the Tories are all for Corruption...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think we can all agree with Starmer, now is not the time to be criticising the tories.

Radical leftists would do that, and that's tantamount to being Hitler.

Â