The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Mostly good, I'd say. The big change I'd have liked to see would be not freezing the personal allowance threshold but continuing to free the higher bands to reduce the pressure on low earners - I'd even have lowered the other bands while raising the personal allowance so low earners are ok but we recoup the money from people who are better off rather than essentially raising tax for people on 12k.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I heard Andy Street name checked in The Budget but didn't hear what for.  Was is just a pat on the back for a fellow Tory or have they announced something specific for West Midlands? 

**** hell, he'll be wanking himself silly.

Such a self loving muppet, there's even a monthly newsletter that comes through our door showing us what a great man he is.

word removed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Government are proposing a 1% pay rise (real terms pay cut) for NHS staff. Haven't we spoilt them enough with all the clapping.  

You’d think with the mountain of debt they’d just say f**k it, let’s give them 1 proper pay rise and chuck the cost of it onto the Covid pile.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

You’d think with the mountain of debt they’d just say f**k it, let’s give them 1 proper pay rise and chuck the cost of it onto the Covid pile.

100% agree.  In the big scheme of things its f all now.  People have to spend it as well so they will see it all again one day in tax of some form.

There might be another pandemic next year for all they know.  Good motivation it isn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Government are proposing a 1% pay rise (real terms pay cut) for NHS staff. Haven't we spoilt them enough with all the clapping.  

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

14 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

100% agree.  In the big scheme of things its f all now.  People have to spend it as well so they will see it all again one day in tax of some form.

There might be another pandemic next year for all they know.  Good motivation it isn't. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

And they'll win again. Seriously if you voted Tory and stood out there clapping, you should be **** ashamed of yourself. 

• Like 2

On 03/03/2021 at 11:21, ml1dch said:

Are those enormous schoolchildren, or is he really, REALLY tiny?

On 03/03/2021 at 11:25, Stevo985 said:

He is surprisingly short. 5 foot 7 I believe.

Nothing wrong with that I just think his quite gangly build means you naturally think he's really tall.

michael Gove is one of the tallest cabinet members I think. Which is again quite surprising, but that's probably because my opinion of him is so low.

LOL just spotted this

Evl4ArfXYAAHQz2?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The total spending on Test & Trace has now risen to £37bn.

That's 6% of the entire tax revenue in the country for a year.

It's £560 each in tax.

For a system that doesn't work; for the pockets of a handful of Boris's mates.

No wonder we can't afford to give anyone in the private sector a pay rise.

I believe only the trace part was the complete waste of money. “Test” is the Covid testing all over the country which hasn’t been a complete shambles.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I believe only the trace part was the complete waste of money. “Test” is the Covid testing all over the country which hasn’t been a complete shambles.

For £37bn they could have paid Doctors to test us in our homes and bought them each a Mercedes to get there. It's an extraordinary amount of money - I hope at some point in the future there will be a concerted effort to find out where it all went.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For £37bn they could have paid Doctors to test us in our homes and bought them each a Mercedes to get there. It's an extraordinary amount of money - I hope at some point in the future there will be a concerted effort to find out where it all went.

it’s a ludicrous amount of money, I was just making the point that the money was not all spent on the app. A proportion of it was used for essential testing (which after a while worked well). 

Has the testing really been a huge success? I mean without the trace element being fit for purpose it means the results from the testing side aren't being utilised as they should.

The bottom line as to how effective all this has been has to be in the number of people who have been infected/hospitalised and died and in that regard the UK have failed miserably. The fact that we have spent an absolute fortune in doing so just shows how incompetent and corrupt the government is. 

• Like 3

Â