The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

50% of the population have average or below average intelligence

Theres a politics Joe voxpop on YouTube where they go to the Tories safest seat (whichever seat Canvey Island is in) and yes the usual Vox Pop rules apply but imaginary deity on a bike these people are dumb.

Edit: Here it is

Absolute state of that Boris lover with his hair do as tribute. I felt a bit sorry for the fella in the thumbnail (blue shirt). He seemed to have his eyes open. 

On vox pops, I think this is still something that should just plain be dropped by any self respecting news service.

When Sunak was in town here the local news inevitably did a vox pop. They did it in Barry Dock, the backdrop was a row of shuttered ex shops. The demographic of this constituency is a poor rock solid Labour town, and a very wealthy tory countryside. For the vox pop, they found 2 labour, 2 tory. I just can’t imagine how long they had to wander around that area to find 2 tories.

What’s more, all local polling suggests less than 1 in 5 intend to vote Tory, yet the BBC vox pop would have it as 50 / 50.

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

Sunak would have a grand drop out of his ears when he pulled the cotton bud out.

That’s a lot to lug around

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

50% of the population have average or below average intelligence

i guess it's not so much intelligence as it is blind faith in a party you've voted for all your life. people support them with the loyalty they do their football team.

would never happen but i'd love to see a questionnaire style voting system. you answer questions based on your values and what's important to you (akin to the who should i vote for websites) and you're presented with the parties you're eligible to vote for

the old racists would still end up with the reforms or tories but it would at least take away some of the "i've voted tory all my life" voters

not that it is likely matter this time around of course.

A second tier opportunity to shout abuse at the TV on July 5th has been removed, John Redwood is standing down.

He was pretty nailed on to lose I reckon.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

On vox pops, I think this is still something that should just plain be dropped by any self respecting news service.

When Sunak was in town here the local news inevitably did a vox pop. They did it in Barry Dock, the backdrop was a row of shuttered ex shops. The demographic of this constituency is a poor rock solid Labour town, and a very wealthy tory countryside. For the vox pop, they found 2 labour, 2 tory. I just can’t imagine how long they had to wander around that area to find 2 tories.

What’s more, all local polling suggests less than 1 in 5 intend to vote Tory, yet the BBC vox pop would have it as 50 / 50.

Impartiality rules innit. I do agree re vox pops generally but that one is going to find Tory voters in the most Tory seat in the country. Sure they probably picked the dumbest of the dumb but my point was that these people exist, nothing more, nothing less

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

A second tier opportunity to shout abuse at the TV on July 5th has been removed, John Redwood is standing down.

He was pretty nailed on to lose I reckon.

Must be getting close to the 75 figure of 1997 now, they were very close yesterday

2 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

"they're all the same" 

"better the devil you know" 

"but Labour...."

You've met my parents?

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

How the hell can Conservative and Reform still account for 34% of the vote on that poll. What the hell is wrong with people? What more do they need to see to get them to change their vote?

More sad, toothless white faces.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Absolute state of that Boris lover with his hair do as tribute. I felt a bit sorry for the fella in the thumbnail (blue shirt). He seemed to have his eyes open. 

**** me, she spoke like a true Tory. 

• Like 1

They don't actually want to win :D

it's like entering the ring out of shape, with loose shorts whilst eating a sloppy burger with their mouth open, going to cry some smack talk battle cry but then end choking to death on the gherkin

Posted (edited)

I think at this point the Tory vote is just people who always voted Tory and always will, and they treat it as a football team they support, rather than considering who they think will actually do the best job.

I disagreed with it, but I could at least see the rationalisation for a Tory vote in 2019, but now? There's just no reason to keep voting for them at this point.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Just now, Jareth said:

Exactly what sort of young Tory mutants are going to be selected for all these vacated seats? We’ve had the dregs already. 

See post elsewhere. It's one of the reasons he's gone now because choosing the candidates in constituencies that hadn't currently chosen now falls to CCO and not the constituencies, who given the time would push even more throbby candidates on the party.

They'll be bad obviously, but not as bad as they would have been if he'd played the long game

• Like 1

Â