The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t imagine the sort of person that votes tory, not voting tory, because they were nasty to gay refugees.

For the vast, vast majority I'm sure that's true. Nevertheless, they have the advisory panel in existence because they would lose some votes at the margins if they outright said 'we hate gay people and are trying to make their lives hell'. Furthermore, it is possible that they might be embarrassed into u-turns on some of the offending policies if they get bad enough coverage in the media, so it is worth making a noise about the issue, rather than just giving up.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t imagine the sort of person that votes tory, not voting tory, because they were nasty to gay refugees.

They've probably focus-grouped it and found that it's the best way to keep their current voting bloc on board.

All the vocal bunch got behind them because of Brexit and getting it done.
The rich, the donors, elite and the Brexiteers all keeping their heads down. 

It means there’s not many people willing to call them out because they’d be vulnerable for “I told you so”. 
So it all stays quiet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

So... even if a person is simply put at risk of suffering "serious annoyance" by another person, that other person could then be jailed for ten years.

That's just insane.

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 10.13.26.png

Former Conservative Party Councillor Tim Davie worth every penny as Director General of the BBC.

Live coverage of the Met policing scandal: "Oooooh look at the virus numbers!".

Er, rolling news items...

I don’t get how Davie is remotely “earning his keep” as you assert?  Fury at Police and was it necessary? are not pro Tory lines there, they accurately reflect the, um, fury at the police and questioning of wtf they were doing. 

It's influence by omission - the story about the policing of the vigil will be about the virus not about authoritarian and heavy handed policing - the only mention of Priti Patel should be in her concern over how "upsetting" it was, there should be no criticism of Cressida Dick and it absolutely will not be linked to the upcoming police bill. That's the editorial line.

The actual story here should be around concerns over the way that political decisions from the Home Secretary are influencing the way in which we're policing even the least threatening of public gatherings and about how those decisions are being enshrined in bad law - how our society is being fundamentally changed  despite the concerns of the public and how these changes are becoming visible - there should be reporting about why this happened, what it means and what it tells us about the country we live in. That's not the editorial line.

• Like 1

They’ve only got 4 flags. I’d consider 127 the minimum number of flags to show true allegiance to the flag.

More flags, more flags, more flags.

Oh hang on, perhaps that’s what the blue screen behind is for.

I just hope nobody with incredible massive previously unheard of IT abilities does something untoward with all that blue screen...

Flags.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They’ve only got 4 flags. I’d consider 127 the minimum number of flags to show true allegiance to the flag.

I just hope nobody with incredible massive previously unheard of IT abilities does something untoward with all that blue screen...

Flags.

Good old Henry

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Flags.

£2.6m and chairs from IKEA.

• Like 1

So... Boris worried about state cyber crime. After thinking very hard about the best way to combat cyber warfare, he has concluded that we need... more nuclear weapons.

I mean, obviously. Because the 180 nuclear weapons we currently possess have been a fantastic defence against computer hacking recently.

• Like 3

Â