The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, Genie said:

None of the other papers seem to have gone with it either.

You wouldn't expect them to today, it's an exclusive interview in the Mirror

Online they should be covering it by now though

• Like 1

The BBC has gone into full arse covering mode for this one - you've got Marr picking up every newspaper and going over the front pages, finishing with the Telegraph which he didn't pick up as it had the Mirror underneath it, which he didn't mention. Not only is there not a single mention of Acuri on the BBC's website, they've also removed all of the (always selective) 'have your say' sections from every other story on the front page in case the public mention it.

It's a disgrace and in a better world the Director of the BBC really ought to be facing calls to go on the back of it.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I did wonder what these young women kept seeing in Boris Johnson. I'll admit it, I assumed it  was money or status. If this doesn't make a woman weak at the knees though, nothing will.

He requested racy images of her and said one raunchy picture was “enough to make a bishop kick a hole in a stained-glass window”.

• Haha 2

I am assuming Stratton was laughing her tits off when she said it. I wasn't sure what the Nolan principles were, other than being in the mood for dancing, but apparently they are the 7 principles of public life - Selflessness, Integrity, Objectivity, Accountability, Openness, Honesty, Leadership.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"He [Johnson] acts with integrity and honesty" might just be the least true statement anybody has ever uttered

I hope she said it from the Very Expensive Lying Room, it would make me very annoyed if lying was done from somewhere other than the Lying Room.

• Haha 1

Not impressed with the new Downing Street press room.  £2.6m and we only got 2 flags? I hope it's still a work in progress and we end up with a USA. USA. USA style forest of them once work is completed. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Not impressed with the new Downing Street press room.  £2.6m and we only got 2 flags? I hope it's still a work in progress and we end up with a USA. USA. USA style forest of them once work is completed. 

It’s probably all they could afford within the constraints of the strict budget.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Seriously though, I’d love to see the itemised bill. I bet they played something like £500 each for the IKEA chairs and about £10k each for the flags.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Seriously though, I’d love to see the itemised bill. I bet they played something like £500 each for the IKEA chairs and about £10k each for the flags.

It's money-laundering, plain and simple.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's money-laundering, plain and simple.

Out of interest I was Googling houses that have been built for £2m. They are state of the art, sprawling mansions. Every room done out to 5* standard, pools, gyms, cinema rooms, you name it they have it. Our government spent £2.6m on a stage, a curtain, some chairs and some flags. I’ve genuinely no idea how they spent anywhere near that much.

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

How on Earth do him and the others in the cabinet keep getting away with this shit?

It hasn't just happened over night. They have gradually pushed the boundaries of what is acceptable from politicians, paused, realised they have gotten away with it, laughed their bollocks/tits off (in Therese Coffeys case almost certainly both) , and then pushed the boundaries a little further and so on and so on. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It hasn't just happened over night. They have gradually pushed the barriers of what is acceptable from politicians, paused, realised they have gotten away with it, laughed their bollocks/tits off, and then pushed the barriers a little further and so on and so on. 

I agree entirely, they have “nickel and dimed” their way to the point where it’s hardly worth challenging them on their blatant corruption or disregard for people’s welfare.

Who is to blame? Is it the lack of any meaningful opposition from Labour?

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Who is to blame? Is it the lack of any meaningful opposition from Labour?

What would you expect Labour could do about this? Party's will rarely get involved in this personal stuff, glass houses and stones etc

If the Mail and the Telegraph ran stories about it, the Party would get worried, the Mirror and they couldn't care less, it's not their voters being told the story

Â