The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

27 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Has the testing really been a huge success? I mean without the trace element being fit for purpose it means the results from the testing side aren't being utilised as they should.

The bottom line as to how effective all this has been has to be in the number of people who have been infected/hospitalised and died and in that regard the UK have failed miserably. The fact that we have spent an absolute fortune in doing so just shows how incompetent and corrupt the government is. 

The testing's been fine, pretty much. But the 20 odd billion on the Track and trace has been a clusterpork of cronyism, incompetence, missed opportunities and wasteage. T&T should have been a major part of the way that the fungus was kept under control. Utter shambles.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Surely there has to be consequences. You can't just give your mates £20 billion to deliver a poor service and nothing come of it. When are things going to matter again?

There's no referee.

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Surely there has to be consequences.

Consequences are for the little people, not the likes of Tory Government Ministers.

• Like 2

Can’t go telling lies.

I fully expect the BBC to now run a 5 day campaign across all their news programmes repeating calls for ministers to resign.

I expect Newsnight will give the issue a 15 minute slot every evening asking if his position is now impossible and whether he has jeopardised the future of Westminster and the faith of the people in the tory party which may now split in to a disastrous civil war between various factions.

Every night. 6:00pm, 10:00pm Newsnight. You can’t mislead people, its a resignation matter. Lengthy quotes from opposition politicians calling for mass resignations.

I’m sure I’m right. I’m sure that’s how they will deal with it. It’s what they’ve been doing with Sturgeon and the SNP, so they have the template.

• Like 4

If they go with the NHS 1% pay rise then I hope every single one of them that votes in favour of it all get Covid. Rancid **** excuses for human beings. They all deserve to perish. Not even human.

Edited by Ingram85

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A pay rise, exempt from furlough, ostentatious displays of clapping, free badge.

And the **** are still not happy.

No pleasing some people.

Unless I am mistaken didn’t they have pictures of rainbows last year? I didn’t. You don’t see me complaining. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

The testing's been fine, pretty much. But the 20 odd billion on the Track and trace has been a clusterpork of cronyism, incompetence, missed opportunities and wasteage. T&T should have been a major part of the way that the fungus was kept under control. Utter shambles.

It genuinely is £37bn, they very quietly announced an additional £15bn in the budget.

It's hard to get an idea of how much it should have cost as figures for other countries aren't easy to find and compare - the nearest I have is that I saw Ireland (with a much smaller population) were looking to do the whole thing for under 500 million Euros. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It genuinely is £37bn, they very quietly announced an additional £15bn in the budget.

Yeah - that's future spend, not money already spent (squandered), isn't it?

• Like 1

Hancock once again using his air time to proclaim how successful they have been in tackling covid. How great NHS  serco test and trace has been. He is clearly kidding some people but unless you are one of the private providers who have racked in a fortune of public money over the last year how gullible/thick have you got to be to have witnessed what has happened over the last year,  looked at our covid death figures, and believe the way we have tackled it has been a success. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The total spending on Test & Trace has now risen to £37bn.

That's 6% of the entire tax revenue in the country for a year.

It's £560 each in tax.

For a system that doesn't work; for the pockets of a handful of Boris's mates.

No wonder we can't afford to give anyone in the public sector a pay rise.

That is a scandalous waste of money. That could almost sort the leaseholder fire safety problem. Instead they are turning a blind eye to that, while people go bankrupt and commit suicide, and the Government are too scared to go after the big house-builders, who happen to be donors to the party. 

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

That is a scandalous waste of money.

Your cladding issue aside, describing it as a waste of money is rather downplaying what it is. It's corruption, on an industrial scale

Matt Hancock ‘takes down’ picture of pub linked to Covid contract

Minister has claimed he had ‘nothing to do’ with former pub owner’s contract for Covid test vials

newFile-7.jpg?width=990&auto=webp&qualit

Health secretary Matt Hancock appears to have removed a photograph of the local pub formally run by an acquaintance caught up in controversy over a government Covid contract.

A company owned by Alex Bourne – the former landlord of Mr Hancock’s local pub the Cock Inn – is currently under investigation by the UK’s medical regulator over a contract to produce Covid test vials for the NHS.

In recent months Mr Hancock has been seen doing live TV interviews with a framed photo of the Cock Inn, located in his West Suffolk constituency, on the wall of his study.

However, on Tuesday, a different picture could be seen over the minister’s right shoulder when he made a series of media appearances.

Indie

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bickster said:

It's quite astonishing how many times now that Johnson is saying one thing to the Commons and Govt Lawyers are saying the complete opposite in a court of law at the the same time

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Can’t go telling lies.

I fully expect the BBC to now run a 5 day campaign across all their news programmes repeating calls for ministers to resign.

I expect Newsnight will give the issue a 15 minute slot every evening asking if his position is now impossible and whether he has jeopardised the future of Westminster and the faith of the people in the tory party which may now split in to a disastrous civil war between various factions.

Every night. 6:00pm, 10:00pm Newsnight. You can’t mislead people, its a resignation matter. Lengthy quotes from opposition politicians calling for mass resignations.

I’m sure I’m right. I’m sure that’s how they will deal with it. It’s what they’ve been doing with Sturgeon and the SNP, so they have the template.

Well, this is bloody odd.

It doesn’t appear to be on the agenda for tonight’s BBC Newsnight.

I’m guessing they must have gone full on wall to wall with it on their earlier news programmes.

• Like 1

Â