The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not as clued up on politics as I probably should be. Surely it's not right for the 2nd PM in a row to get the position without being voted into power by the public? Surely a general election has to take place. 

As others have said, you elect an MP who usually is associated with a party and the party with the most seats' leader is the PM. It's shitty, but changing the leader doesn't have to mean an election unfortunately.

However, it's likely there will be an election within the year. Whatever moron gets the poison chalice will have to deal with the same parliament May did, and will end up running into the same issues May did as well. They'll eventually have to try to change the numbers, and that means an election, probably within the year of them taking office so they have time to get a cabinet established but still early enough to try to ride the remnants of good will they'll get as the new face (the Sun will be so far up Boris' arse they, ironically, won't be able to see their namesake).

So you'll probably get the election. It just won't be straight away. It's also fairly likely whoever it is will be under pressure of confidence votes pretty quickly as they aren't going to elect anyone who can unite the party, because that's impossible. So they'll fall on one side of the split our the other and the other side will oppose them.

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I know it's hard to get it from from that description but I believe it was Jeremy Corbyn  ..of course if you didn't get it from that fabricated description then you are just brainwashed by the media but fear not there will soon be a space at a correction facility with your name on it

Corbyn? Bwaaaa Haaa Haaaaa Haaaa. The damage Brexit would do to this country would look like nothing compared to the utter economic devastation Corbyn and his bunch of militant pshycopaths would do.

Who are you? Whats that? Sorry I don't unders.... *bzzzeeert*

*bzzzzert* *clunk*

Comerade Corbyn would make a mighty fine prime minister. Excuse me I have to go and buy a red hat from the nearest approved supplier.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Corbyn? Bwaaaa Haaa Haaaaa Haaaa. The damage Brexit would do to this country would look like nothing compared to the utter economic devastation Corbyn and his bunch of militant pshycopaths would do.

Who are you? Whats that? Sorry I don't unders.... *bzzzeeert*

*bzzzzert* *clunk*

Comerade Corbyn would make a mighty fine prime minister. Excuse me I have to go and buy a red hat from the nearest approved supplier.

I don't get it? 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cameron was not one of the worst we have had that's laughable. 

Seriously? ALL of this is his fault. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

He at least brought in the same-sex marriage act, and got a majority in a GE.  I can't remember what Gordon Brown did.  Obviously losing the EU referendum was a cock up, but there is an argument (not one I particularly subscribe to) that the because he lost it, it was right to hold it.

• Like 1

Neville Chamberlain....

That negotiation and "peace deal" with Hitler was fairly epic when it comes to cockups.  Anthony Eden and the Suez crisis has a good shout for the spot too. Cameron only made one selfish decision that has plunged the country into chaos, made us more divided and hateful, threatens the prosperity of future generations and may even spell the political doom of his own party.  Gosh it's a tough shout when you start to look into it

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

In fairness to May, she has faced the electorate as PM when she called that 2017 snap election.

That went well.

To an extent it did .... I mean she secured 42.4 % of the vote with a 5.5 % swing on the previous election ... Blair got 413 seats with a similar % in 2001 from 10.7 million votes  , May got 317 seats from 13,6m votes 

what I guess they didn’t account for was the slight increase in voter turnout , and decline  in the Lib Dem , UKIP vote etc , making it a 2 horse race (Corbyn got over 12 million votes , not too far off what  Blair  achieved with his 97 landslide  )

Corbyn may be a hypocritical, lying , anti Semite, terrorist sympathiser *  but ,  his ability to say anything and convince naive younger voters with his “aspirations” probably means we didn’t get Mays shit withdrawal bill through the house  , so I guess we should be grateful in some small way 

* and more but hey let’s keep it simple for now and stick to what we know :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Not all the people who voted out then? People have to take responsibility for their actions. Do I think Cameron should ahvw done it? No. 

Blame the fool's like Johnson farage and the rest of the out camp

Â