The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

An economic fantasist with zero leadership and a lamentable position on Brexit who has presided over a rise in anti-semitism within his party, yes a great bloke.

If you're thinking there's not much to choose between Fat Prick Boris and Corbyn? Then those endless column inches of Corbyn bashing really did a job.

There isn't a good option in either red or blue teams, but it's clear which of these two has a greater good in mind.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

Ha ha ha ha.

Steve Baker is suggesting that he might reluctantly stand for the leadership.

What an absolute plum.

Nobody seems to have made an adequate gif of Sansa telling Edmure to sit the **** down yet, so people can just imagine it for themselves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

or a genuinely good man, who want to help the poorest and most venerable in society. What a tough choice!

🤣

I know you’re just trolling in the Tory thread but even so 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I hate the **** sight of that word removed as well.

I think that it's time I confessed my crime to VT as I feel partly responsible for his rise. 

When I used to work in Islington, his route to work would see him regularly cycling past my office window. Although even then (ten years ago) I hated to the man, I did nothing to act on my impulses to take him out. I deeply regret that decision. 

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Yeah, I mean a lying ego maniac, bumbling buffoon, or a genuinely good man, who want to help the poorest and most venerable in society. What a tough choice!

Who does that refer to?

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Who does that refer to?

I know it's hard to get it from from that description but I believe it was Jeremy Corbyn  ..of course if you didn't get it from that fabricated description then you are just brainwashed by the media but fear not there will soon be a space at a correction facility with your name on it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

tory-odds.jpg

Cthulu looks to have some value.

isn't Cthulu some form of entity based on a caricature of human form and worshipped by cultists ... sounds like Corbyn is trying to sneak into the Tory leadership  race  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I missed the tears at the end of her speechlet.  When she was listing what she claims as her achievements, and included the response to Grenfell, I had to turn it off.  Unspeakable.

• Like 3

I'm not as clued up on politics as I probably should be. Surely it's not right for the 2nd PM in a row to get the position without being voted into power by the public? Surely a general election has to take place. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not as clued up on politics as I probably should be. Surely it's not right for the 2nd PM in a row to get the position without being voted into power by the public? Surely a general election has to take place. 

3 out of the last 4 in fact.  It isn't ideal really but technically we don't vote for a Prime Minister so this can happen.  I strongly suspect we will end up with an election soon anyway.

51 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think you vote the party in, not the leader.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Leaving your knowledge and political processes aside for a moment, I agree with the sentiment. But if it's not 'right' and that's clear to people, why would we continue to do the same things and expect different results? A General Election without any real reform just perpetuates the madness. Same shit different day and all that.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

In fairness to May, she has faced the electorate as PM when she called that 2017 snap election.

That went well.

Â