The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

The Beeb starting it's parade of smug Tories.

Gareth Johnson (...who?) just on, insisting Leave has to happen, telling us that Dominic Raab, a man who didn't know Dover is quite important as a major port of an island nation, is the man to be PM.

Followed by Peter Bone, telling us Boris Johnson is the man as he believes in Leave.

Now Pauline Latham (...who?), whose thing seems to be that she is an ERG member, who totally aren't responsible for anything bad. They didn't ask her who she wanted, but she appears to have the ERG running through her veins rather than blood, so no doubt she wants someone completely mental.

Boris or Corbyn to be PM, what an horrendous state of affairs, both thoroughly pathetic, conniving, disgusting and woefully under qualified individuals, British politics hasn't been in such a state in a very long time.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Boris or Corbyn to be PM, what an horrendous state of affairs, both thoroughly pathetic, conniving, disgusting and woefully under qualified individuals, British politics hasn't been in such a state in a very long time.

Don't forget - it could always get worse: 

blame sturgeon GIF

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I hate the **** sight of that word removed.

Sorry - I do as well, but he is just a very big worry of mine and I think, sadly, both Corbyn and Johnson are better options. Just reiterates @Dr_Pangloss's original post regarding the state of politics at the moment. Utter despair. 

Process for new Tory leader is expected to conclude by mid-July, apparently. An accelerated timetable.

Just hearing that from Beth Rigby on Sky. I think she said that MPs voting is expected to conclude by end of June and then it would go to the membership.

Edited by snowychap

If she had offered a confirmatory referendum by now she would probably still have a job and Brexit would be dealt with one way or the other.  As I said the other day, she has been utterly useless in almost every way starting with calling an election, having the worst manifesto of all time and then hiding from the public during the campaign, all the way through to now.  

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yeah, I mean a lying ego maniac, bumbling buffoon, or a genuinely good man, who want to help the poorest and most venerable in society. What a tough choice!

17 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Runners and riders for next Tory leader:

Good line from David Mellor (yeah remember him!) on TV earlier, 'If you've got 17 runners in a race and each of their trainers is saying they have a chance, it means there isn't a good horse amongst them.'

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Good line from David Mellor (yeah remember him!) on TV earlier, 'If you've got 17 runners in a race and each of their trainers is saying they have a chance, it means there isn't a good horse amongst them.'

chelsea-shirt.jpg&f=1article-2271002-173EF41A000005DC-450_306x423.jpg&f=1

Not generally true but correct in this instance and an amusing line. :)

Edited by snowychap

51 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Yeah, I mean a lying ego maniac, bumbling buffoon, or a genuinely good man, who want to help the poorest and most venerable in society. What a tough choice!

An economic fantasist with zero leadership and a lamentable position on Brexit who has presided over a rise in anti-semitism within his party, yes a great bloke.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Â