The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, mjmooney said:

I reckon she'll set fire to Number Ten and head for the roof with a .38 special, shouting: "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" 

Nah she'll go full on dirty protest and hunger strike, she has no dignity left

When you're under severe pressure and you've been pictured visibly breaking down, as PM it's time to go.

Under normal circumstances I would feel sorry for her, but she's done this to herself with ridiculous red lines that pander to the worst inclinations of her party and those that voted in the referendum based on lies and xenophobia. The quote from Vince Cable where he reported that she'd said "the people voted for pain" sums the woman up for me. If it's true, then she deserves everything she's got and more. Even if it isn't, the 'hostile environment' and "queue jumpers" comments are telling. Running down the clock and taking the country to brink of disaster in order to blackmail parliament to accept a deal that would surely have meant the breakup of the union and systematic destruction of workers rights and environmental protections by the right-wring of the Tory party.

Her political epitaph must surely read - "A gutless leader and a nasty human being".

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There can be few people in mainstream British politics you can less sympathy for than her.

She wanted the job. From the get go she's made, if you're bizarrely kind to her, a hash of it.

:snip:

Don't forget that sodding lectern.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The comment in the tweet picks up the reference to Hobbes' social contract: we give up some liberty, and obey the government, in return for security.  If the government doesn't provide that, then civil disobedience is in order.  The poverty they inflict on people is a breach of the social contract.

Also see the comments today about cuts in legal aid threatening the rule of law.  Same issue from a different angle, a less philosophical and more practical one.

The tories are dismantling several of the foundations of civic society, and we must resist this.

They appear to think that their own contortions over who will be their leader should occcupy their attention, rather than the vast social damage they have been wreaking over many years.  The lack of perspective is staggering.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

7th June she's off.

Just for clarity, she isn't off on 7th June.

That's when she stands down as leader of the party to initiate the election process. She'll continue as PM until that process is over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Indeed.

Good riddance to her.

Edit: The more I think about this, the more it makes my blood boil and underlines what an utterly dreadful person Theresa May is. The trouble is that her legacy is unlikely to be dismantled by whoever follows - it will be built on.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 3

Â