The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:
The Tory right align with Muslim right wingers. Good times.

From experience, parents very rarely know what's best for their children. And if parents think they should hide the fact that gay people exist then definitely don't.

She was still reeling from being called out on the BBC earlier on for being a deceitful toad and lying to parliament (and telling downright porkies about the EU).

She really is an odious wretch is McVile

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

She was still reeling from being called out on the BBC earlier on for being a deceitful toad and lying to parliament (and telling downright porkies about the EU).

I particularly enjoyed their "skeletons in the closet" line of questioning. She really did not appreciate that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Far be it for me to suggest that the average admirer of Rees-Mogg probably isn't into their reading in a big way.

that's quite sad and pathetic tbh ... I meant the tweet of course not Mogg

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

...this book has sold fewer copies than one titled “Adjustable Spanners: History, Uses and Developments since 1970

That's no surprise, it's a brilliant read - people go nuts for it and they had to wrench it out of my hands and make a bolt for it before I could torque them into giving it back..  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Far be it for me to suggest that the average admirer of Rees-Mogg probably isn't into their reading in a big way.

Dominic Sandbrook (whose work has itself come in for a fair amount of criticism - not least that it's rehashing other people's work without proper attribution) reviewed Mr Mogg's book.

It is behind a paywall at The Times:

The Victorians by Jacob Rees-Mogg review — bad, boring and mind‑bogglingly banal

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Rory Stewart  a right wing fanatic  ?

The comment is from the perspective of someone who's not a tory.  I suppose to a tory, he might seem a bit liberal, but for the rest of us, he's right wing.  I'm not sure I'd go with fanatic - probably a bit too pragmatice for that.  A bit weird might be a better description.  Or "spy", of course.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The Tory right align with Muslim right wingers. Good times.

From experience, parents very rarely know what's best for their children. And if parents think they should hide the fact that gay people exist then then definitely don't.

Parents these days seem to not have a clue how to raise their children and are among the biggest headaches teacher have day to day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bickster said:

She really is an odious wretch is McVile

When is she due in court ? 

Sajid going for the hard line win over the voting membership approach.

Tory leadership hopeful Sajid Javid has ruled out a second referendum, a general election and revoking Article 50 if he becomes the next PM.

Writing in Saturday's Daily Heil, the home secretary said another vote "would be disastrous for trust in politics".

He said he planned to negotiate an amendment to the Irish backstop "directly with Ireland" to get a deal that could pass through Parliament.

Having already said he personally 'would not allow' the Scots to have a referendum, he's now declared no second referendum.

His tactic will be to negotiate with individual EU states. Something I think the EU have said can't happen. 

But we're not in the real world here, are we, we're in looking tough to win the job world.

The throbbers are going to throb us right up to October.

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

"would be disastrous for trust in politics".

Hahahaha. Is there a lower amount than ‘none’ that I don’t know about?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Is Theresa May standing down as an MP? Or is she fading into the back benches. 

What's the HoC equivalent of the naughty step?

I imagine she'll stay on in name only, I can't imagine the Tories wanting a by-election right now, not that the NF party might get in because Maidenhead voted remain and it's a pretty nailed on Tory seat Labour were in a very distant second place last time. But I still think it's the last thing the Tories need right now

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

With this leadership contest it appears to be, 'Who can tell the biggest porkies?' in order to please gammons. 

Mental isn't it. They're all playing to the wider party when they have to get past the small hurdle of being in the last two first

Â