The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

59 minutes ago, choffer said:

Far be it for me to defend Mr Cockney Rhyming Slang but the gobshite that is Wickham offers no context whatsoever there. But hey, it's the Tories I really couldn't give a shit about their internal one legged arse kicking contest

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What am I missing? Man talking to camera? 

The inference is that he's posing as if he's holding the camera when indeed someone else is holding the camera. It could, of course, be on a tripod with a wired remote control that he's just let go of but I somehow doubt it

Ah OK. That explains it. Unsure if it warrants a Guido Fawkes investigation. The thing is the camera doesn't move so my assumption is that a tripod is involved. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

I expect our media have covered this, and I've simply missed it.  It's easily done.

British Tory party donor charged for funding terrorism

A British Conservative Party donor has been charged with funding terrorist organisations, illegal arms dealing, fraud and money-laundering in Bangladesh.

Mohammed Shahid Uddin Khan, 55, of Wimbledon, south-west London, was a former colonel in the Bangladeshi army.

He is facing jail in his homeland after his Dhaka property was raided by counter-terrorism police in January.

According to British paper The Sunday Times, Mr Khan has donated £20,000 (Dh93,395) to the Conservative party and has lived in the UK capital since 2009, when he bought a multimillion-pound “golden visa” to ensure he and his family could stay in the country.

Bangadeshi police say they found detonators, weapons, radical literature linked to Al Qaeda and fake Bangladeshi currency in Mr Khan’s home.

They say they have uncovered 54 bank accounts held by the donor, which provide evidence of money laundering and funding of terrorism.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Unsure if it warrants a Guido Fawkes investigation.

Given that Staines is running his own 'Boris on the ballot' campaiogn then I'd imagine he's determined to do whatever it takes to have a go at other candidates especially Stewart, who has been quite vocal about how shit Boris Johnson would be.

• Like 1

A long complaint against the Tory Party for widespread Islamophobia has been submitted to the EHRC.

It's 26 pages long with cited examples.

The long running issue has generated similar outcry to Labour's 'anti-Semitism crisis'.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chindie said:

A long complaint against the Tory Party for widespread Islamophobia has been submitted to the EHRC.

It's 26 pages long with cited examples.

The long running issue has generated similar outcry to Labour's 'anti-Semitism crisis'.

giphy.gif

Good

Felt bored, so checking in on their leadership race. Current status:

• Hunt (28 pledges)
  • Johnson (26)
  • Gove (25)
  • Raab (22)
  • Javid (12)
  • Hancock (9)
  • McVey (6)
  • Harper (literally never heard of him) (4)
  • Stewart (3)
  • Leadsom (2)
  • Malthouse (2)
  • Cleverly (0)
  • Mordaunt (undeclared so far)

(Numbers from Conservative Home this morning, so may well be out of date: https://www.conservativehome.com/parliament/2019/05/leadership-election-candidate-support-numbers-hunt-27-johnson-19-raab-13-gove-12-javid-10.html)

Ignoring the vanity/time-wasting/'please don't forget me when making your cabinet Mr Johnson' candidates, Hancock looks barely serious, Javid is a challenging distance behind, so it looks like a four-way battle so far. This seems likely to divide into two lanes, with Hunt and Gove competing in the 'moderate'/Continuity May lane, while Johnson and Raab compete in the No Deal lane. Logically suggests that the finale will be one from Column A and one from Column B. 

Interestingly, the head-to-head order from member's polling amongst those four is Johnson, Raab, Gove and Hunt in that order (ref: https://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2019/05/next-tory-leader-run-offs-our-panels-support-hasnt-changed-they-want-johnson-followed-by-raab-gove-javid-and-hunt-in-that-order.html). 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

please don't forget me when making your cabinet Mr Johnson

Rather presumptuous, I'm still predicting he won't be in the final two. Few like him in the party, most actively dislike him

My other bold prediction is that Hunt will win, they know they need another sacrificial lamb, even grassroots Tories are nothing if not practical. It may also not get to the final two, the second place person (Raab imo) will stand down before it goes to the membership

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Rather presumptuous, I'm still predicting he won't be in the final two. Few like him in the party, most actively dislike him

It was meant in jest; I actually agree with you that I think his chances might be being a little overrated. 

• Like 1

'I won't allow'

You know when sometimes a manager of one team says something about another team and that other team stick it on the wall in their dressing room as inspiration?

Well yeah, that.

• Like 2

The Tory right align with Muslim right wingers. Good times.

From experience, parents very rarely know what's best for their children. And if parents think they should hide the fact that gay people exist then then definitely don't.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

Â