The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

15 minutes ago, Chindie said:

She's in the conversation for worst PMs ever. 

Whoever is next will be “hold my beer” on that, for sure.

• Like 1

Can't wait for more of the Centrist Dad types to give us their 'more in sorrow than in anger' takes over the next few days:

No, she was a useless **** twunt, and many if not most of her problems are in large part of her own making. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peterms said:

Pub quiz question: the resignation of Ms Loathsome raised the average IQ of the Cabinet by

a) 3 points

b ) 5 points

c) no change

Depends if Daniel Kawczynski replaces her

• Haha 3

As satisfying as seeing May slink out of Downing Street will be, the headbanger (out of a cavalcade of them that'll be polishing their CVs for it) that'll undoubtedly replace her is sobering.

• Like 2

Tuesday seems to be favourite for her departure but could she be gone as early as tomorrow  ?

mind you , we've been saying this ever since the 2017 election

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Tuesday seems to be favourite for her departure but could she be gone as early as tomorrow  ?

mind you , we've been saying this ever since the 2017 election

Who is suggesting Tuesday? It's hard to see how it's then, given Parliament is on another recess. So either she goes of her own accord before (i.e the 1922 threaten her tomorrow and she quits), or everyone needs to be back in June to force it.

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Who is suggesting Tuesday? It's hard to see how it's then, given Parliament is on another recess. So either she goes of her own accord before (i.e the 1922 threaten her tomorrow and she quits), or everyone needs to be back in June to force it.

some political type bloke on 5 Live this morning as I did the school run , not sure who he was though

think the theory was Euro results aren't fully digested by Friday and Monday being a Bank holiday means Tuesday is a likely date

EU Parliament election results won't be known until Sunday night at the earliest. Results aren't announced until all the members have voted.

Unless the Tories find a way to force her out before the recess, she's not going anywhere given her track record of just hanging on, so it'll be after recess earliest.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

think the theory was Euro results aren't fully digested by Friday

For the Tories I think they are pretty much digestible right now. She needs time to pack though. And obviously being a BBC reporter means he doesn't understand how this works

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

reports of the sound of furniture being scraped along the floor and piled across the front door of No 10

There are different strategies being pursued.  She's nailed up the doors from the inside, but the Cabinet have raised the stakes and engaged a brickie to wall her in. 

• Like 1

Â