Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Of winning tomorrow? Do you really think that?

No, of staying up.

I DO think we have "every chance" of winning tomorrow. I don't think we have "every chance" of staying up.

EDIT: reading back I can see now that Jareth was probably referring to tomorrow's game when he said we had "every chance". Apologies, I inferred that he was talking about staying up. Soz Jareth!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If we overtake Norwich then the other teams above us will probably overtake them too.

If we get 36pts other teams above us will probably over take that?  We don't need to focus on a random figure, we need to be above three other teams and Norwich is one of them.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

If we get 36pts other teams above us will probably over take that?  We don't need to focus on a random figure, we need to be above three other teams and Norwich is one of them.

No, they probably won't, because the figure to stay up is always around that (yes it can be higher or lower but if we're near that at the end of the season we're in with a chance)

Norwich could not get a point for the rest of the season, and we'd overtake them and still be comfortably relegated.

Whereas if we get 36 points we're in with a fighting chance regardless of what other teams do.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Norwich could not get a point for the rest of the season, and we'd overtake them and still be comfortably relegated.

If we get 36 points we're in with a fighting chance regardless of what other teams do.

Unlikely on both counts but I take your point.

Let's beat Norwich and we can worry about the math later. Lose and it's basically confirmation of relegation. This is it.. This is our chance to get the gap to 7 as opposed 13. Massive 6 pointer if I ever saw one 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KSV said:

Let's beat Norwich and we can worry about the math later. Lose and it's basically confirmation of relegation. This is it.. This is our chance to get the gap to 7 as opposed 13. Massive 6 pointer if I ever saw one 

It's a cliché but that's really the only way you can approach this.

The team needs to motivate and prepare themselves for the next game. If they win that, the chances improve. 

Aiming for targets is all pointless if you go and lose your next match.

If we could win. Then the target would be 28-30 before the last 4. To have any chance of staying up. Then we would have a chance to do a Wigan by 2 or 3 on row.

What im afraid of is tomorrow we are really really toothless.

Only depending on Gabby to score. I might throw Sellars during the game.

Might put Gil and Grealish together behind Gabby although I think Sinclair is going to start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rubberman said:

Exactly - I've had to be overbearing and make him play in a Villa shirt, despite being born round the corner from Chelsea and living round the corner from Palace.  Seems to have worked.  (Even if he pretends to be Messi in the garden).

I have no problem with Messi in a Villa shirt. Well done on that one!

I think Sunderland are catchable as are Norwich as long as we beat them on Saturday. I think we could even get above Newcastle and that our last home game of the season could yet put them down again. 35 - 38 points would give us a real shout as could have a new striker to fill in for our current injury & suspension problems up front. I just wonder where the goals to win games are going to come from particularly without Ayew. 

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Nothing worse than a kid wearing a spanish shirt - it should be a national law that you support the team nearest to where you come from. Or the team your overbearing father imposes on you.

When I was a kid my Dad told me it was an actual law that kids had to support the same team as their Dads LOL

I think so long as you take kids down enough they'll support the team no matter how bad they are

It's brilliant supporting the same team as your Dad - I see my Dad a couple of times a week and always the first 30 mins is talking about the Villa. Supporting a more successful team has its attractions I suppose but nothing beats the bond of sharing the ups and downs of your local team with your Dad

My close mate is a Forest fan and him and his two lads live, eat and sleep Forest despite them being mid-table in the Championship.

Get those youngsters on a couple of road-trips next season and they'll be Villa fans for life

(Typing this has made me feel all positive and glowing about the Villa again - I wonder how long it will last haha)

• Like 1

26 points in 13 games, that means a points per game just shy of what Arsenal have managed this season. So are we about to go from bottom of the league to top 4 form starting this weekend?

That's if 36 is enough to stay up.

Edited by AndyC

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I intend to make my kid support Villa from the day they're born. I want it to be so early that it just becomes one of those things you accept because it's all you've ever known.

Christening them all "Jordan" would be a fabulous start

• Like 1

Â