Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We need a ownership and personal change.

Well the ownership thing ain't gonna change.....unless some oligarch is planning a xmas present to himself.

Its like being in a really bad relationship thats been going nowhere for years and years but you just try to stick with it out of blind faith just for the kids

Everything is shite and every option has failed and its just a living hell, but you just try to convince yourself all will be fine. 

Edited by Kingman

We need to accept we are most likely going to be relegated and build from there, its not like its suddenly happened, we have been mismanaged for 4 seasons.

Mistakes that took us from top 6 to bottom of the league over 4 seasons, if these mistakes are made in the championship then we will go down again. At the moment we would be bottom half of that league with this squad and its severe lack of character. 

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

We need to accept we are most likely going to be relegated and build from there, its not like its suddenly happened, we have been mismanaged for 4 seasons.

Mistakes that took us from top 6 to bottom of the league over 4 seasons, if these mistakes are made in the championship then we will go down again. At the moment we would be bottom half of that league with this squad and its severe lack of character. 

I agree. We have a half decent striker and CB, and extremely fast winger. Loads of championship teams have that.

As it happens, data on ground covered was published in today's Brum Mail, so this is the totally up-to-date list:

Team Season distance (km)
Bournemouth 1906.2
Tottenham Hotspur 1847.7
West Bromwich Albion 1817.6
Manchester United 1785.2
Liverpool 1783.8
Newcastle United 1779.6
West Ham United 1778.3
Southampton 1765.2
Leicester City 1764.1
Crystal Palace 1756.9
Watford 1754.4
Sunderland 1748.8
Arsenal 1745.2
Everton 1736.9
Manchester City 1731.2
Chelsea 1724.9
Swansea City 1722
Norwich City 1708.6
Aston Villa 1704.9
Stoke City 1699.5

source: 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-stats-special-how-10606666

Garde appears to have made some difference here - we were bottom when he took over, covering an average of 104.3km/game, now we're at 110.1km/game. By contrast, Bournemouth run an average of 119.1km/game, so we need to work much harder yet to match their endeavour. 

• Like 4

We need to convert chances too, put pressure on the opposition, utilize the counter wherever possible, be able to close a game down...etc etc.

Too many areas where we are lacking. It would take a radical shift in gear for us to have a chance. A massive ask imo.

4 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

All that tables proves is that running about a lot without any flair provides nothing. You'd expect Arsenal to have the fittest players in that respect, yet they are near the bottom.

Maybe I'm having a slow day but this doesn't make sense to me.

Which teams in that list are running about a lot without flair?

So we need to have the form of a team that are going to finish in 8th spot for the rest of the season in order to hit 39 points. At the moment well I suppose we've shown the form of a team that finish bottom. I don't think really many people would have tipped us for an eighth spot finish at the start of the season, even the most optimistic of us. To go from the form of the worst ever team in the premier league to the form of a team that would have finished 8th across the entire season... well it's pretty grim. And very unlikely. It just doesn't really look very likely does it? Not impossible, but I didn't realise that the turn around in results really needed to be that significant. 

Of course the next three games are pretty winnable, which brings us up to half a season. So if we won two of them and let's say we drew the other (yeah I know).... yeah we'd still need top 8 form for the rest of the season in order to hit the 39 point mark. Jesus

As far as I'm concerned we are as good as down and I'm in the process of mentally preparing myself for the drop. 

im trying to watch a lot more championship football and learn the squads of all the teams so next season I go into it with as much knowledge as possible in the hope that when I see villa v Rotherham on the fixture list it will mean more to me . I don't wanna be looking at Bristol city's starting eleven wondering who the **** they all are. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

As far as I'm concerned we are as good as down and I'm in the process of mentally preparing myself for the drop. 

im trying to watch a lot more championship football and learn the squads of all the teams so next season I go into it with as much knowledge as possible in the hope that when I see villa v Rotherham on the fixture list it will mean more to me . I don't wanna be looking at Bristol city's starting eleven wondering who the **** they all are. 

Ha I was watching Bristol on the TV the other day and was wondering who the lumbering Donkey centre half was. Camera zooms in....F*** it's Baker!

• Like 1

This is how I see Lerner's ownership of Villa:

A man decides to start collecting records in the hope of being able to make it so good that he will be able to sell the collection for a big profit in years to come. But, after so long he loses interest because the price of records is getting out of hand. He puts his unfinished collection into the loft where he leaves it until a rainy day when, he hopes, someone will come along to give him what he paid for the collection so that he doesn't end up out of pocket. 

7 minutes ago, villarocker said:

This is how I see Lerner's ownership of Villa:

A man decides to start collecting records in the hope of being able to make it so good that he will be able to sell the collection for a big profit in years to come. But, after so long he loses interest because the price of records is getting out of hand. He puts his unfinished collection into the loft where he leaves it until a rainy day when, he hopes, someone will come along to give him what he paid for the collection so that he doesn't end up out of pocket. 

Man buys club.

**** it up.

Can't get what he wants.

No need for clever analogies. 

Â