Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

We need some luck a deflected winner an OG anything to get a win ..Newcastle where every bit as shit as us but look at them against Spurs after they got the win at Liverpool started by a deflected goal..

The team needs something i dont think its lack of talent there is enough there but they are lacking so much confidence.

I reckon Leicester might be in trouble. Still not at 40 points.

Imagine if they had a reverse of last season! [emoji38]

I think they're going to finish 4th. I want them to finish 4th! It'll prove that when we do come back from the Championship there's still hope for us.

Shit, imagine if they win the title? A massive **** you to the status quo. Then we get to go and win a game... Hopefully...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think they're going to finish 4th. I want them to finish 4th! It'll prove that when we do come back from the Championship there's still hope for us.

Shit, imagine if they win the title? A massive **** you to the status quo. Then we get to go and win a game... Hopefully...

Everything sounded plausible up until your last statement. Utterly ridiculous.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

God you are so deluded.

Don't you know if things are going badly that absolutely everything is negative? There can be no positives. Ever.

Not like you to totally take out of context what I said.

Actually said - atm. No positives atm. That's atm, while we're bottom with a pathetic 6 points.

Yeah, I have taken a negative (if you like) stance regarding the club the last few years. Unfortunately, the team and the many posts ridiculing my opinion have done nothing to prove me wrong.

Watching motd2 last night with my flat mate and he said 'at least your having a go'. No, that wasn't a go. It was a pathetic 'too little too late' attempt to once again make something of a game that's already lost.

You keep clinging to your hopeless positives though. 

Think our season is summed up by the walk in the park we allowed chelsea to have against us. Pathetic.

There is an awful lot of pessimism around here. Warranted of course, given our situation.

Despite our current plight, it's worth bareing in mind that Garde has had to face Man city, Southampton, Arsenal, an In-form Everton and Watford, who have one of the best away records in the league. 

Now I know people will say "we've looked shit in those matches" or "we've only got 2 points more" but honestly, other than Watford, we've done okay. Not great, given we need wins but a start.

Garde's and Lerner' next 2-ish months will define this club and our future. Lerner with how he invests in January and defines his era as our "custodian". Garde of course with the fixtures and our results. 

Sunderland, Norwich, West Ham, Newcastle. All games we should be fighting and getting points from. Our fixtures are easing up, and hopefully Garde will use more aggressive tactics and lineups. I have confidence still he can turn us around, and this will be our chance to do it. 

If we are in a similar position in 2 months, with poor results / performances and hardly any points then maybe I'll change. But until  then I will keep believing. Having read my posters comments, I am thankful I'm not the only one who feels like this. 

I hope Lerner will invest and I hope, given our fixtures, we will turn a corner. 

Call me "deluded" or a "idiot", if you want, I understand. But being negative about the club we all love won't make us happy, Ill continue to back the club 110% and I know I'm not the only one.

UTV

VTID. 

• Like 2

Next four games are season defining.

the games against Newcastle, west ham, Norwich and Sunderland should be the perfect opportunity to make ground on the rest of the strugglers.

we should be aiming for 9-10 points from these matches and if gained and other results go our way we could be back in with a shout of survival.

don't get me wrong, we're where we are for a reason but I have seen us play well and deserve more from games than the results gained.

with a few wins, confidence could return in time for the January window to sign better players and ship out the shit.

7 minutes ago, OneNightInRotterdam said:

There is an awful lot of pessimism around here. Warranted of course, given our situation.

Despite our current plight, it's worth bareing in mind that Garde has had to face Man city, Southampton, Arsenal, an In-form Everton and Watford, who have one of the best away records in the league. 

Now I know people will say "we've looked shit in those matches" or "we've only got 2 points more" but honestly, other than Watford, we've done okay. Not great, given we need wins but a start.

Garde's and Lerner' next 2-ish months will define this club and our future. Lerner with how he invests in January and defines his era as our "custodian". Garde of course with the fixtures and our results. 

Sunderland, Norwich, West Ham, Newcastle. All games we should be fighting and getting points from. Our fixtures are easing up, and hopefully Garde will use more aggressive tactics and lineups. I have confidence still he can turn us around, and this will be our chance to do it. 

If we are in a similar position in 2 months, with poor results / performances and hardly any points then maybe I'll change. But until  then I will keep believing. Having read my posters comments, I am thankful I'm not the only one who feels like this. 

I hope Lerner will invest and I hope, given our fixtures, we will turn a corner. 

Call me "deluded" or a "idiot", if you want, I understand. But being negative about the club we all love won't make us happy, Ill continue to back the club 110% and I know I'm not the only one.

UTV

VTID. 

Sorry but I for one are no more unhappy highlighting the realistic situation here than I would be pretending there's some good things to talk about.

Things could change. I doubt it - changes to villa have rarely been positive for decades. There's more mediocre - shit than there is good. But if they change then the realistic viewpoint will change.

That said, despite me disagreeing with a lot of it, your post is well put.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OneNightInRotterdam said:

UTV

VTID. 

I'm with you. It's by no means an impossible feat as unlikely as it looks, and if we fall just short, then the damage was done early on in this campaign. Of course we could go without a whimper, but I'd rather criticise that after it happens, if it happens, rather than predict it now, because either way it means we're relegated.

• Like 2

UTV

VTID. 

I agree with you in general, not all hope is lost while there's still plenty of points to be had. 66 of them to be precise.

However, I don't think it's pessimistic to suggest that's basically going to take a miracle turnaround of the unprecedented kind.

• Like 1

Â