Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Viila's future is in Villa's hands - where everyone else is in terms of points is not going to keep us up or relegate us - we will decide that. I saw, possibly for the first time today, a Villa, led by Ayew, competing in the premier league. It was not pretty, we did not have any flair, but I felt we tried really hard, Ayey exemplary. We obviously need wins, but I think what Garde stands for has today just taken some form.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

now or never has indeed gone, long gone. it's now, um, never. we should be thinking about promotion rather than avoiding relegation.

And imagine if Leicester had have thought like that last season, or any other team who've avoided relegation against the odds.

Just now, Jareth said:

Viila's future is in Villa's hands - where everyone else is in terms of points is not going to keep us up or relegate us - we will decide that. I saw, possibly for the first time today, a Villa, led by Ayew, competing in the premier league. It was not pretty, we did not have any flair, but I felt we tried really hard, Ayey exemplary. We obviously need wins, but I think what Garde stands for has today just taken some form.

Well that isn't true at all is it?

• Like 1

Its not the point. Its getting back to the game and fighting which might get us back to competetion.

Now lets try and get above Sunderland. Then think of whats next. Being 19th would give us a huge boost 

Our chance of staying up is very low. But players were fighting today.

Ayew,Veretout and Okore especially are playing very good.

We are improving. Lets see how it goes. We dont have anything to lose. If we could somehow win against West Ham. Then who knows whats next.

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I hope yesterday's second half and all the pundits (and probably a lot of us) already saying we are down, will inspire the boys into a 4-5 game unbeaten run over Christmas. With some wins thrown in for measure.This is the definition of grasping at straws.

if we went on a 5 game unbeaten run and won say 3 we would still be in relegation zone :(

I wouldn't mind betting if we won all five in a five game run we'd still be in the bottom three. That gets very hard to deal with as a team I'd think

If they win 5 in a row at this stage, even if that left them a couple of points short of safety the momentum would be enough to see us through. We'd get our miracle.

It's an absurd notion of course. If, in one of the most astonishing turnarounds in the history of football we do survive it will be a slog, not a sprint.

Despite what you might think, it IS possible. Wild as it would be, when we do get that first win we will find ourselves at the last chance saloon with an opportunity, one final opportunity, to kick on.

It had to come yesterday. It didn't. So now in needs to come next week.

11 hours ago, flamingsombrero said:

We need to start building for the Championship and we need to start in January. Chasing survival at this point with short term solutions is not only futile but will likely cripple us still further for years to come. 

I share this opinion. We need people who are up for the Championship fight. They are not the same players we'd sign to try and keep us in the league (as such players would undoubtedly then look to leave).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

if we stay up it will be the greatest feat in Premier League history but its not going to happen

best option is bring in Arry in January to help us

Nigel Pearson! 

Â