Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

9 minutes ago, dakid007 said:

Garde must have agreed sufficient funds to strengthen team in January. Lerner can invest 25m-50m now and see his assets make money or be a donut and watch our value plummet with relegation

I think they are preparing for relegation, and had half a eye on it in the summer with the new signings having wage reduction clauses in their contracts tbh,

Garde must have agreed sufficient funds to strengthen team in January. Lerner can invest 25m-50m now and see his assets make money or be a donut and watch our value plummet with relegation

I think they are preparing for relegation, and had half a eye on it in the summer with the new signings having wage reduction clauses in their contracts tbh,

Why start the season thinking about relegation. That shows depressing lack of respect for the club

4 minutes ago, dakid007 said:

Surely u would use the money pouring in to make your team competitive

Yeah well you would think so but our dear leader is desperate to sell and ideally  he just wants to keep the club ticking over until someone gives him £150 million.

Unfortunately this might take a while. 

If we were six points better off then the majority of us would not be predicting relegation as a certainty. Six points, two wins, made up on awful teams like Sunderland and we are in with a chance come the end of the season. Despite everything we have been through, this is not impossible. It's at times like this that I'm glad the players, management and owner have very little in common with the fans, because they are less passionate and more cold and logical I don't believe they have thrown the towel in as we have. Could be a different story come Jan though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

If we were six points better off then the majority of us would not be predicting relegation as a certainty. Six points, two wins, made up on awful teams like Sunderland and we are in with a chance come the end of the season. Despite everything we have been through, this is not impossible. It's at times like this that I'm glad the players, management and owner have very little in common with the fans, because they are less passionate and more cold and logical I don't believe they have thrown the towel in as we have. Could be a different story come Jan though.

Performances would suggest otherwise. The majority of fans haven’t given up based simply on the league table they have given up based on what the players have produced on the pitch and the lack of passion, commitment and intensity they have shown. The way some of them swanned about on Sunday you would think it was a preseason friendly not a hugely important game where they should be giving their all to drag this club out of the mire.

I would love to be proved otherwise but these players not only lack ability more worryingly most of them lack a pair of balls and a real desire and commitment to give nothing less than 100%. If they had anything like the amount of passion I have for this club for instance they would run through brick walls. Unfortunately they don’t.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

1/12 on with most firms for the drop. 

(That's actually FUBAR)

I know - I thought the other day that I might soften the blow by sticking 100 quid on us to go down - but then saw that all the odds are pathetic! It might be worthwhile putting some money on us to stay up and if Remi does the impossible you can retire...

20 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

There are 66 points to play for and we need about half of them. Bring it on!

I can think of ex Aston Villa Players, who would still get out of this and I am not talking about their technical ability.

If we can effect a player attitude change, get rid of the defeatism and chase down lost causes, the goals will come and the points will follow.

At the moment we resemble a wildebeest resigned to being eaten.

.....This **** we are in is recoverable.....but the mental approach MUST change.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I know the players haven't been running through walls of late, but I think some have tried hard (Richards, Ayew, Hutton). Not making excuses for the team either, though may be hoping a little in vein, but 4 of the last 5 games may not have wielded points in any recent season for us, so I think Garde and our ultimate test is upon us this month. Last chance saloon, for real. 

even if we started winning I honestly feel all the clubs around us would gain the same points at the same rate, as it literally feels like all routes to redemption have been blocked off.

So many clubs will be bidding for Austin that his wages and fee will be huge because QPR know they have practically the only proven Premier League goal scorer who is still scoring and worth under 20mil. Knowing our luck we will buy him and he'll get injured for the rest of the season within a few games. That's the sort of luck I expect because we've had five years of using up all the luck we deserve.

• Like 2

Look, I could run around a field and masquerade myself as trying.

I have seen the games and the TRYING is half hearted, the running is laboured, The closing down rare, but includes a short step to avoid a tackle, when they do, balls in the air are rarely won or directed in to a danger area, heads drop very quickly after a reversal as opposed to sleeves rolled up and a certain anger employed, players are consistently out of position, bailing out collegues.

All of this is in the mind, its a defeatism that has gradually engulfed the club like Japanese Knot Weed.

I understand the notion put forward of going down and reconstructing the foundations of the club, its a sensible option.

My option would be to get the biggest amplifiers in the country put at the side of the training pitch and when the players come out BELLOW in the highest decibels imaginable :

You can ******* forget going down......There is no easy option at this Football Club......are you ready for the fight?      if not.....**** Off.

ps I know you can't tell them to **** off, but it would be nice to clear a few cobwebs away.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

even if we started winning I honestly feel all the clubs around us would gain the same points at the same rate, as it literally feels like all routes to redemption have been blocked off.

So many clubs will be bidding for Austin that his wages and fee will be huge because QPR know they have practically the only proven Premier League goal scorer who is still scoring and worth under 20mil. Knowing our luck we will buy him and he'll get injured for the rest of the season within a few games. That's the sort of luck I expect because we've had five years of using up all the luck we deserve.

Out of contract at the end of the season no maybe Austin will stick around so he can go on a free or QPR will be forced to accept a lower bid. However he wont sign for us knowing he will be back in the championship next season. No chance!

Â