Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

If we're relegated at the end of the season we'll be wishing we could go back to now when we still had a chance. Before January's finished I think we'll have closed the ten point gap considerably. Just a pity about the Bournemouth and Norwich wins today.

10 points off safety now. Newcastle were poor and we blew it. We still could've easily lost but poor finishing let us off. Relegated

Sorry to keep banging on about this, but it''s not "10 points off safety" - it's "10 points we have to catch up on our relegation rivals and have any chance at all of competing". Even catching up 10 points on our rivals would be a minor miracle.

• Like 1

If you are trying to stay out of the bottom three then a point is probably a good result. If you are trying to catch up to get out of the bottom three it isn't good enough, especially as teams around that mark pick up wins . That's the trouble we have and the trouble we have had for a while I'm afraid.

a few weeks ago it was a 6 point gap, then 8 and now it's ten.  That is just. To catch up with other teams and I'm afraid some of us have been saying for a while it is not just about our form it also depends on other teams dropping points and being , basically, as bad as we have been in the first half of the season. So we are the worst team in premiership history at this stage and what we need for us to stay up is that we hit top 8 form and we have at least three other teams having the worst for, in premiership history over the second half of the season (by worst form I mean matching our first half form which is the worst). It is not going to happen. The pressure is on to win half of our remaining games . How many have we won in 2015 ? Today was the first time in ages we have come from a goal down to rescue anything. So basically we can't afford to concede first. If we score first and then concede our confidence is so brittle we will invariably go on to lose. So it's not ideal is it?

we are down and have been for a while. Thanks randy 

• Like 3

Before kick off we were 11 points behind and I think if Newcastle had have beaten us i think it would have been even more. So I think it could turn out to be a big point for us. a couple of wins and we're right back in contention.

Before kick off we were 11 points behind and I think if Newcastle had have beaten us i think it would have been even more. So I think it could turn out to be a big point for us. a couple of wins and we're right back in contention.

Oh no we're not!!

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Sorry to keep banging on about this, but it''s not "10 points off safety" - it's "10 points we have to catch up on our relegation rivals and have any chance at all of competing". Even catching up 10 points on our rivals would be a minor miracle.

And that's on the basis these teams don't win

42 minutes ago, useless said:

Only if the teams above us lose.They're winning at the moment. Honestly, I think we're too far adrift.

The problem with other teams winning and something that is being missed is the marker to stay up will start to rise. A few weeks back some were arguing 34-35 points would be enough, I've personally always thought 38 points is the marker as that got us safe last season and also in the lambert seasons.

However with Norwich, Newcastle and Bournemouth regularly picking up points with still half the season to go you could easily be looking at 40 points as those teams only need another 20 odd to reach it and that's not that many, 5 wins 5 draws etc.

Our task is monumental, I just can't see how we'll even come close to getting another 30 points this season. It requires winning lots of games in half a season and we're just not good enough at both ends of the pitch.

I want to see us going down fighting at least though, at least we showed some spirit in the second half and didn't just accept another defeat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Would you feel better if we started saying we are 33 pts off of safety as that'll get us to 40 which is seen as the safety figure? 

We were already down a few weeks ago, today is another point, which given we had only 6 points before today, a big plus. if we can start not consistently not getting a beating then we might be able to conceivably start consistently getting positive results and get some confidence. 

Realistically an improvement from here is not be a total shambolic walkover every week for whoever we play, then perhaps after a few weeks of actually being competitive who knows, we might win a game.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

....and the games won't last forver. It was now or never a month ago,

now or never has indeed gone, long gone. it's now, um, never. we should be thinking about promotion rather than avoiding relegation.

• Like 2

Â