Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Think Watford , Norwich and Bournemouth will be the ones to go down, we will be close though but we should have enough to avoid the bullet.

Our home form is very poor though, Haven't one a league game since West Ham early in may. Proper shit being a season ticket holder 

Think Watford , Norwich and Bournemouth will be the ones to go down, we will be close though but we should have enough to avoid the bullet.

Our home form is very poor though, Haven't one a league game since West Ham early in may. Proper shit being a season ticket holder 

And some people believe our home support is poor (see home support thread)

Sunderland will go down. The other two spots will be between us, Bournemouth, Norwich, Watford and Newcastle. I don't think any other teams will be in danger of going down. If Pulis wasn't managing WBA I'd say they were in danger but there is no chance he's going down. The lower half of the league as rarely been as strong as it is now and maybe we've escaped for the last time?

It'll be three from us, Sunderland, Newcastle and the promoted sides I'd assume. Sunderland should be nailed on but their owner is never shy to pull the trigger, so new manager boost is a possiblity. Bournemouth appear the weakest of the promoted sides and Wilson's injury is fantastic news from our perspective. They've been incredibly unfortunate with major injurys to two of their big summer signings in Mings and Gradel also. While Watford seem best placed of them and look like they'll be difficult to beat. 

I still think West Brom arent ambitious or talented enough to be completely out of it either

I think West Brom will be well in the mix and we'll finish above them. I also think we'll finish above Leicester as well as all the promoted clubs and the north east two.

I know those who don't rate or can't stand Sherwood will think I am deluded thinking we will finish above half a dozen teams. I think we have a good squad of players though. The best we have had in the last 4 years. The big unknown is the manager.  He could be a complete dud or he could be decent. Seven league games in though I have a choice don't I . I can make it nice and painful for myself over the coming months and grab my season ticket every other week and head to Villa Park thinking that Sherwood is an arrogant cockney buffoon and isn't capable of moulding the squad of players he has just assembled and with in a reasonable amount of time start to get the best out of them. Or I can put a little blind faith in the guy and back him to get things right and focus on the positives I have seen with my own eyes this season and believe that Sherwood is capable of consistency getting the best of the squad he has assembled. For now I'll choose the latter whilst knowing I risk having my optimism thrown back in my face.

Bit lazy to say the promoted 3 will go down which rarely happens anyway. Fair enough it's your opinion but what makes you think all 3 will be worse than Sunderland over 38 games. They've all won 2 games already and have plenty of goals in them

Obviously Bournemouth losing Wilson for pretty much the whole season is a massive blow so they'll be right down there now. Watford have been better than I expect defensively. Struggled at home but with their pace can get results away, they'll stay up.

Norwich have been a massive surprise to me, I'll put my hand up and say I got that one wrong, they're full of goals and have the surprise element like when they came up under Lambert.

Cue us appointing Alex Neil next summer and him suddenly turning into someone who couldn't manage an under 12s team.

Albion may well not be far off but Pulis is always good for grinding out the necessary results and I see no reason why this season will be any different.

Last night was poor but they won't be facing strikers of the quality of Lukaku when 2 up so yeah they'll eventually start getting results at home and be as comfortable as a Pulis team usually is in this league.

We are bad, but not that bad.  There are tentative signs that there is a good team in the squad somewhere.

We'll get better as the season goes on.

and i don't think we'll get relegated.   12-14th was my pre-season optimism... whilst that looks unlikely now, i'm not downgrading my prediction just yet.

Â