Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

An owner who doesn't want to own.

A manager who can't manage.

Players who don't know how to play.

And I don't even want to watch anymore. For years now we've done nothing in this league and I'm struggling to see the appeal of it, if we win some games and score some goals in the championship then I'll enjoy football a lot more. 

Strange feeling as I think we are going down I think we will end up bottom with a record breaking low number of points and to be honest I've accepted that.  I do want Sherwood sacked and a new manager brought in but on the other hand I want him to stay so that his reputation is totally destroyed and he never has a job in football either on the playing side or as a pundit ever again

Our next eight games are Chelsea (A) , Swansea (H) , Tottenham (A) , Man City (H) , Watford (H),  Everton (A) , Southampton (A) and Arsenal (H). With us already being four points adrift I'm struggling to see how we'll climb out the relegation zone anytime soon.

If we're not proactive this week I think we've had it, and thats not being rash. No one has any confidence in the "manager" anymore, especially the players, they seem alienated. New formations and personnel week in week out, its like he's using our club in his game of football manager, trying new bizarre set ups, and if (when) it doesnt work it doesnt matter, we'll go with something equally ambitious (ridiculous) next game.  It doesn't matter if we dont pick up any points along the way. Its only a bit of experimentation for me..

Well f**k off Sherwood this is our club and your incompetence is driving me mad, you're not fit to manage at senior level let alone in the top flight. He was such a breath of fresh air last season but he has proven to be the very definition of a cockney charlatan. Cant believe how pissed off ive become with him.

First 4 games I had no problem tbf, we deserved to probably lose at Bournemouth, but got the win, had predictable losses in the next two which were no disgraces we did alright, and then drew a game with Sunderland, but played well enough to win the game 3 times over. So by the time the last international break arrived, despite only taking 4 points we were actually playing ok..

Then it all started moments after our season SHOULD have taken off. Carles Gil bends in a superb first time effort away at unbeaten Leicester. Since then we have lost the plot completely and only one person gets the blame, to not pick up a single point against a poor WBA, a poor Plop and a poor Stoke, due to pure tactical negligence is unforgivable, and he has to go. This week. No faith. No hope. Sherwood out.

• Like 3

It's a poor start but its 4 points to midtable so no need to panic right now, lots and lots of time left. Squad is arguably better than a few teams BUT - Tim is not the man to sort this out.

True but that's only because so few games have been played.

We lose to Chelsea and teams like West Brom and Watford win their next games, that gap goes up to 7 points. Then we only draw v Swansea and again one of those wins and it's up to 10....you see where I'm going with this and it's a more realistic scenario than us winning anytime soon.

The more I look at it we need to ditch Sherwood during the international break as other teams will be making changes I'm sure and give his successor a fighting chance.

We have Newcastle as our last home game of the season. Should be a laugh for their fans considering the stick we gave them.

And before anyone says that they're below us, look at the fixtures they've had compared to us.

Newcastle are not a good team, their back 4 is as pathetic as ours is, they will be down there with us come May.

Arsenal away as our last game is filling me with dread, we usually manage to be safe before the final day by hook or by crook. If ever there is a season where that needs to be the case it's this one.

If Sherwood is still here at Christmas, we will be cut adrift and it'll be too much for a new manager to turn around.

Unfortunately, after only 8 games we're already cut adrift.....

Very true. I'm talking 8-12 points by Christmas though.

If Sherwood is still here at Christmas, we will be cut adrift and it'll be too much for a new manager to turn around.

That's a very conservative estimate - doubt we'll have reached double figures by Christmas

That's a very conservative estimate - doubt we'll have reached double figures by Christmas

You could be right, and I guess it depends on what other teams do with managers and how other teams suffer.

• Like 1

On the basis that we're a work in progress who should finish stronger than we started, it's reasonable to think we won't get half of our points tally this side of the new year. If we have ~15pts at the turn of the year then I think we'll be fine. But this is where we are now. Discussing whether we'll stay up and whether it'll be by the skin of our teeth.

Â